Sponsored

Getting hot out

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
installed my CPE a few days ago. Intake temps are really close to ambient but i have noticed some delay in getting that power to come in ( but im blaming the humidity and heat)
thats not charge temp. inlet air temp is the temp pre-turbo. intercooler affects charge temps which is post-turbo. you need a logger to see the charge temps
Sponsored

OP
OP

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Maybe levels.

Last edited:

EcoBoostin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium MT
You guys are all lucky. It's suppose to be 110F outside this week where I live :doh:

Blay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
I dont know what colder weather looks like so to me performance stays the same (always sucks??). 92+ degrees year round and 60%+ humidity isnt the best atmosphere
same here didn't know there where people from PR here I'm from Mayaguez

Sponsored

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
I think the levels would do great! I have the fftec eco intercooler and here in the san antonio 90+ heat Im doing great. I don't really care for those cobb, map, and mishi designs because when it comes to cooling surface area is kinda a big deal.... Also the atm intercooler seems like a bit of overkill and at that size id be a little worried about pressure drops.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Would a big a$$ intercooler help driving around Florida like a maniac most of the time?

Terry
That's the only way to do it in my opinion. Stock intercooler = if you name any car, you can lose to it.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
It seems yo gotta mod for that levels race to fit

Sponsored
OP
OP

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Not sure about levels. I think it is even bigger than atm though and also cheaper to buy but I could be wrong. You will most likely have to remove the grill shutters and some plastic bits for the levels to fit. If that's what you mean by modifying. Other than that I believe it is designed specifically for the s550 and should fit perfectly.

Ryan @ PDTuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pd-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
15' Ecoboost Mustang
Unfortunately hot air is less dense than cooler air. lower air density = lower amount of air entering the cylinder = less power. This is also why you see cars at high elevation make less power (uncorrected) than cars at sea level even with temperature being the same. Air is more dense at sea level. So again more air = more power.

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
My car seems to be as strong in 90 degree weather as it is in 70 degree weather. I'm sure it actually isn't, but the fact that it's close enough that my butt dyno can't easily tell the difference is probably due to having an aftermarket intercooler.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Driving around in mid 80's temps here in Florida my intake temp was about 117F or about 30F above ambient, no wonder I am getting power loss.

My next mod is going to be an intercooler, did the research and for me I am going with the Levels intercooler, good design, good price.

Terry :)
I should be picking up mine this week !
Sponsored