thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wise idea. Get comfortable with a car before you go throwing changes at it. My approach anyway. I like to get to know my cars well, lots of seat time, before I change things up. The first thing I want to address is the long gears. I'm more autocross than track minded. So I'm looking for a way to help the car at slower speeds. Why I'm looking into a 4.09 rearend rather than the 3.73 that's in the car.

I tuned my WRX one piece at a time over 11 years. In the end it had 230hp/240tq to the wheels with a 12lb flywheel and RPF-1s. It was so fun off the line. Then I stared changing out bushings and suspension. It rotated like no other WRX, but it was too stiff to drive daily so I gave in an went to the M3. Now I'm on a V8 kick. Just wish this motor was a bit more free-revving. So, I'm trying to figure out if a new rear gear is what it needs or a lighter flywheel to help with the low end. No idea how much the PP1 wheels/tires weigh.
Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Funny. I replaced my absurdly expensive aging M3 with a GT. I find it amusing you stuck to the same engine philosophy. I went V8 to replace my V8 and you chose boosted to stay with same power plant, so to speak. Anyway, enjoy! It took me longer to feel at home in the S550 than it usually takes. It rewards smoothness, the opposite of driving an AWD at limits. I autocrossed a WRX for 10 years. It didn't like to turn unless I gave her a little flick on entry. The Audi's I drove or owned felt similar.

On a different note, has anyone locally done the 4.09 gear swop? I'd love to pick your brain about it.
I rallycrossed a WRX for several years (daily driver as well). That was some serious fun. I beat the piss out of it and it held up well. Switched to FWD (Focus ST) for a couple years but kept it on the street. Was a fun car but grew tired of it quickly. Now a Mustang and it is baller. First RWD vehicle in 15 years.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in ...

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I woke up early on Saturday and got antsy. I needed to get out and stretch our legs. I drove around aimlessly all day in the mountains. It was quite busy.

_DSF5687.jpg

Sponsored

Sigster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
I woke up early on Saturday and got antsy. I needed to get out and stretch our legs. I drove around aimlessly all day in the mountains. It was quite busy.

_DSF5687.jpg
Looks like it was a nice day for an epic drive. Discover anything interesting you want to share? For us, Six Gaps are awesome - never get tired of those roads. But the road from Chatsworth to Ellijay cruising past Ft Mountain State Park is awesome too. As well as Clayton to Highlands NC, then over towards Franklin on Hwy 64. We are truly blessed to have so many great drives within easy reach!

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I drove to Blueridge, GA and cruised downtown for like 3 min. It was packed with people, which actually shocked me a bit. So at the second stop sign I took a right and literally didn't pay attention to where I went. I found SR 60 and took that for a while, but just when it was getting fun I came across a tracker and a line of cars behind it. Most of the roads had too many cars or mailboxes/driveways for me to actually open up on the curves. I'm not up there for speed, I like carving curvy roads. Try NOT to use my brakes and fix things with the wheel in turns. I treat is like an open autocross. It was more of a Sunday drive. I took a bunch of picts. Oh, I found a nice road to the Toccoa kayak launch area. It was tight, but that didn't matter. It smelled of mountain laurels and was awesome. Stopped and helped 2 girls with a flat tire, so I got to do a mini pit stop on my way.

IMG_E5554.jpg
IMG_E5557.jpg
IMG_E5559.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

_DSF5687.jpg
Looks like it was a nice day for an epic drive. Discover anything interesting you want to share? For us, Six Gaps are awesome - never get tired of those roads. But the road from Chatsworth to Ellijay cruising past Ft Mountain State Park is awesome too. As well as Clayton to Highlands NC, then over towards Franklin on Hwy 64. We are truly blessed to have so many great drives within easy reach!
That's the way to do it... great cars in the wild. :beer:

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
With regard to traffic in the mountains, if you can get the time, then weekdays are your friends.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With regard to traffic in the mountains, if you can get the time, then weekdays are your friends.
Oh no doubt, weekends are like amateur night New Years eve.....

Sponsored

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is pretty funny, I think you'll enjoy hearing it. Sort of goes with my weekend drive post.

So I have a dating profile on an app. I have to answer this question: "My simple pleasures." My reply reads, "A V8 and an open road with a loose idea of where I'm headed."
I got this reply from a girl this weekend. "I love a V8 before a flight, what kind of sour drinks do you like?" After a good laugh, I swiped left, that's a NO for those who don't have clue what a dating app is :)

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This is pretty funny, I think you'll enjoy hearing it. Sort of goes with my weekend drive post.

So I have a dating profile on an app. I have to answer this question: "My simple pleasures." My reply reads, "A V8 and an open road with a loose idea of where I'm headed."
I got this reply from a girl this weekend. "I love a V8 before a flight, what kind of sour drinks do you like?" After a good laugh, I swiped left, that's a NO for those who don't have clue what a dating app is :)
That's funny, she was referring to a V8 drink which actually took me a moment to realize what she had meant. @thasuperdude, you never know that could have been the lady of your dreams. haha.

SDB83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I drove to Blueridge, GA and cruised downtown for like 3 min. It was packed with people, which actually shocked me a bit. So at the second stop sign I took a right and literally didn't pay attention to where I went. I found SR 60 and took that for a while, but just when it was getting fun I came across a tracker and a line of cars behind it. Most of the roads had too many cars or mailboxes/driveways for me to actually open up on the curves. I'm not up there for speed, I like carving curvy roads. Try NOT to use my brakes and fix things with the wheel in turns. I treat is like an open autocross. It was more of a Sunday drive. I took a bunch of picts. Oh, I found a nice road to the Toccoa kayak launch area. It was tight, but that didn't matter. It smelled of mountain laurels and was awesome. Stopped and helped 2 girls with a flat tire, so I got to do a mini pit stop on my way.

IMG_E5554.jpg
IMG_E5557.jpg
IMG_E5559.jpg
it is busy..our population doubles on the weekends..Shallowford bridge to old dial rd ( which is where sandy bottoms canoe launch is) is a nice drive..

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Bowing out, work related weekend project .
Sponsored