Geico Went up $1600/yr

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Do you have any Navigation or cellular connectivity in the car?
If so, your driving behavior data was sold to insurance companies and you just got screwed.

Never get cellular connectivity in a car if you haul ass. Or if you do, disable the cellular radio permanently so the logged data cant be uploaded and sold.
I would be screwed with 140mph+ burst in my C6.
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Do you have any Navigation or cellular connectivity in the car?
If so, your driving behavior data was sold to insurance companies and you just got screwed.

Never get cellular connectivity in a car if you haul ass. Or if you do, disable the cellular radio permanently so the logged data cant be uploaded and sold.

Then why have the device if it cant upload anything at all? I speed DAILY have, for 5+ years I've had a tracker. All it means is that I get less of a discount. Also good luck avoiding that as EZ pass is starting to be mandatory at more on/off ramps.

Danman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How long have you sold car insurance? My USAA rates also increased quite a bit with the November renewal. I HAVE shopped around and all 3 companies I contacted said keep what I have with USAA. I'd love to see your rate in Florida.
I’m 39 and have a 2009 Xterra and a 2019 GT and pay ~$120 a month for both both in Wa. Also with USAA. Had them my entire life and never found an insurer cheaper. Not to mention the once a year premium reimbursement of $100 or so for a discount. Also have home insurance with them too.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Got my renewal. No accidents/claims ever. No tickets, etc. I called Geico and they said they adjusted their rates for all vehicles, it just affected the 2015 Mustang more than most.
High rate of crash claims. My insurance on the Mustang keeps going up as it's value keeps going down. All my other vehicles insurance rates are going down with the value of the vehicles also going down.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is your mustang your primary car? Mine isnt, Grundy is 590$ for the year, stated value. They did want a picture of the garage its kept in. Im in NM and we got hit with the hail stuff as well, not as bad as CO though.
No. Not primary vehicle. I'll have to check Grundy out.

Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think the real story here is that you've got a 2015 Mustang with 1100 miles on it.
My '15 has less than 2K miles. Special Order in '15 and had FR/Roush Phase 1 S/C installed last year. I don't golf, fish or hunt so the Mustang is my weekend hobby........:cheers:

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
Had the best luck with progressive. I paid 1530 a year for my 2015 Eco PP and I was 23. For my 08 Bullitt it dropped to 1100 a year for full coverage and im still 24 so in a couple years it should drop some more as well. Worth looking into them.
I also have my 04 cobra and 68 mustang on American Collectors insurance since i dont drive them much and thats about $475 a year for both together.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
My geico rates have steady gone up for the last 5 years on every car I've owned, even though logically they should go down as the cars value decreases. I'm in my 40's, no accidents or tickets in the last 10 years.

I just got a quote from progressive with the same coverage and it's $45 a month less. I'll be switching when my insurance term is up with Geico.

Last edited:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
gotta shop around every couple years, insurance companies dont reward you for loyalty

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
get your self a trustworthy independent insurance agent and never worry about overpaying.
Sponsored