Geico Went up $1600/yr

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Costco has the best rates

Geico ....not so much
Totally depends on your age, location, credit score etc. Your risks change every few years...and different insurance companies will have different rates.

Ameriprise (through costco) has by far the best home insurance rates...and by far the worst auto insurance rates (for me).

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Anyone here have Amica? I've been considering switching come March when i clear the 3year mark from my accident

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Totally depends on your age, location, credit score etc. Your risks change every few years...and different insurance companies will have different rates.

Ameriprise (through costco) has by far the best home insurance rates...and by far the worst auto insurance rates (for me).
I agree, Millhouse. It's all about the risk category that you fall into, plus specifics about the car.

I've had State Farm for auto and home insurance for thirty odd years. They're a little pricey but the few times I've had a claim, they covered it with no problems. This includes a new roof on the house a few months ago due to wind and hail damage.

They did go up on my Mustang insurance this year. It's now $1,570 per year, and was about $1,200 if I remember right. :cheers:

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
Had my motorcycle insurance double one renewal, turns out there was a screw up on my credit report. Fixed it and it went back to what it was.

Sponsored

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
We just dumped Geico and got double the coverage for less than they charged.

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Interesting thread even though I am out of my Mustang now. Ive had State Farm for 20+ years and they just kept raising me on the Mustang every time. I live in Mississippi and have zero tickets or collisions and an 840 credit score. It was totaled on a Comprehensive claim. When I bought the Hyundai SUV the rate went down so I didn't shop around because I was thankful for the decline. However, on the 1st renew with this car they are jacking it back up to what the Mustang was. I shopped Progressive and Geico and both had rates lower than what I paid for the Mustang; Progressive was almost 40% lower.

My Agent tried to give me the line that all insurance companies applied to the state for a rate increase but SF was the first to take it so if I jump the others will probably jack their rates prior to my 1st renew with them. Does this sound legit? Also, which would be better, Progressive or Geico? My coverage is 50/100/50 on the liability, collision has $500, comp has zero ded because cars here on our highways get a lot of cracked windshields and I am not willing to pay $250 every time. The Mustang had 4 windshield replacements but they told me it did not effect the rate. I also have uninsured coverage becasue we have a ton of uninsured drivers.

Agents have told me that MS has the 2nd highest insurance in the country due in part to the uninsured and also repair costs are a good bit higher here thanks to the politics of repair shops. So I don't know what to do.

BTW.... I live in an apartment (in a low crime area) and SF's renter insurance is significantly lower than the others even though they give me a discount for bundling.

I hate insurance.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
i live in an low crime area with 0 accidents on my record and been driving for 16yrs and great credit score, i still find it hard to get lower than 1700/yr for just my altima.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Get an /independent/ insurance agent who will shop around rates for you 1-2 times a year. Rates with individual companies fluctuate quite a bit. whoever was cheapest last month will be raising rates next month. You need to shop around (and not just with the insurance brands who spend the most on TV ad dollars).

Hartford, Safeco, Are typically who I'm with. I haven't used Geico, Progressive, or State Farm in decades, and I've never had any issues with customer service or claims with any of the companies I've used.

I'm currently paying 1100 a year for the Mustang GT

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Interesting thread even though I am out of my Mustang now. Ive had State Farm for 20+ years and they just kept raising me on the Mustang every time. I live in Mississippi and have zero tickets or collisions and an 840 credit score. It was totaled on a Comprehensive claim. When I bought the Hyundai SUV the rate went down so I didn't shop around because I was thankful for the decline. However, on the 1st renew with this car they are jacking it back up to what the Mustang was. I shopped Progressive and Geico and both had rates lower than what I paid for the Mustang; Progressive was almost 40% lower.

My Agent tried to give me the line that all insurance companies applied to the state for a rate increase but SF was the first to take it so if I jump the others will probably jack their rates prior to my 1st renew with them. Does this sound legit? Also, which would be better, Progressive or Geico? My coverage is 50/100/50 on the liability, collision has $500, comp has zero ded because cars here on our highways get a lot of cracked windshields and I am not willing to pay $250 every time. The Mustang had 4 windshield replacements but they told me it did not effect the rate. I also have uninsured coverage becasue we have a ton of uninsured drivers.

Agents have told me that MS has the 2nd highest insurance in the country due in part to the uninsured and also repair costs are a good bit higher here thanks to the politics of repair shops. So I don't know what to do.

BTW.... I live in an apartment (in a low crime area) and SF's renter insurance is significantly lower than the others even though they give me a discount for bundling.

I hate insurance.
Yes. Insurance is a PITA until you need it. My parent's house burned to the ground 12 years ago. They lost everything - the house and everything inside but a few pictures that my Mom was able to grab and get out with. State Farm took excellent care of them.

As far as uninsured/under insured coverage, in my opinion, it is one of the most important coverages to have in your policy. Too many people out there just carrying the minimum liability coverage ($20k, maybe $30k) and they are otherwise judgment proof. $20k to $30k doesn't go far if your car is totaled and you and/or your passengers suffer injuries that result in significant medical bills, or worse. :cheers:

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Do you have any Navigation or cellular connectivity in the car?
If so, your driving behavior data was sold to insurance companies and you just got screwed.

Never get cellular connectivity in a car if you haul ass. Or if you do, disable the cellular radio permanently so the logged data cant be uploaded and sold.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Do you have any Navigation or cellular connectivity in the car?
If so, your driving behavior data was sold to insurance companies and you just got screwed.

Never get cellular connectivity in a car if you haul ass. Or if you do, disable the cellular radio permanently so the logged data cant be uploaded and sold.
I just connect via Bluetooth for music and the occasional call. Nothing more. That doesn't count by chance does it?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
No need to introduce pertanent information in to a perfectly good bashing bs post.

Sponsored