OP
OP
ARAMP1

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
OP, I'd bet forscan has something. It's really odd that your "brightness" is grayed out. There has to be a setting that is blocking that out. Found this on an F-150 forum, worth a shot:

Basically, put it in night mode, exit out of menu, then brightness should be available. There is also mention in that same thread that this bug should have been fixed in Sync 3.4, so make sure you have the latest Sync on your car.
Search is all over the place with gauges too bright or not bright enough. Found that brightness is greyed out when the lights are off, which was a SYNC3.4 update.
There might be something in the BMC. The search continues.
Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Search is all over the place with gauges too bright or not bright enough. Found that brightness is greyed out when the lights are off, which was a SYNC3.4 update.
So it sounds like if you turn your lights on, you can then adjust brightness, assuming you are not in the "auto" mode?

Ditch the stereo. Make it a race car. Problem solved haha

OP
OP
ARAMP1

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
So it sounds like if you turn your lights on, you can then adjust brightness, assuming you are not in the "auto" mode?

Ditch the stereo. Make it a race car. Problem solved haha
LOL. The point of buying this car was so I had a commuter.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
So why not turn on the lights, select the brightness, thinking that setting will be remembered next time the lights are turned on?

OP
OP
ARAMP1

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
So why not turn on the lights, select the brightness, thinking that setting will be remembered next time the lights are turned on?
As it turns out, I had thought of that. I roll with mine all the way down. Though, adjusting the brightness only works for the infotainment screen. The gauges are still too dark compared to the center gauge screen (and infotainment screen on full dim).

After some google-fu, it seems that brightness/darkness is all over the place. Just as many complain that it's not bright enough as are complaining that it's too bright. Even WItoTX says his center screen is difficult to read. I think what I may do is try some window tint material over the displays to see if that works. Maybe some trial and error will even them out.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I often turn off the infotainment screen off... usually at night. Then it's just all about the gauges.

Sean22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT Premium
We need to clarify. The "older style" gauges look far better than any digital gauge, ever. End of story 😜

Also, I thought you could dim the radio LCD by itself. And I've personally never though the center stack LCD was too bright, so I am not much help on that, sorry
Nah, love my digital dash 😁
Sponsored