Sponsored

Gas prices dropping soon?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
$4.49 for regular (87 octane) just the other day.

The only way my gas prices are dropping is using the WaWa app that gets me a big fat 0.15 cent discount per gallon of fuel... that ends in a big net savings of just about $2.00....

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
$4.49 for regular (87 octane) just the other day.

The only way my gas prices are dropping is using the WaWa app that gets me a big fat 0.15 cent discount per gallon of fuel... that ends in a big net savings of just about $2.00....
Better than nothing.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Oil hit $115 bbl.

Maybe another SPR release completely emoting all reserves LOL.

Higher the gas price the less cars on the road.....this luxury is unobtainable otherwise.
It was $120 on March 9th.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
The record high was $140 a barrel in June of 2008, and prices were a bit better than now. It's corporate greed at this point. Prices should be less than they were 2 months ago, not higher.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If you by corporate greed you mean regulation and lack of long term investment, I agree. It's the crack spreads that are sending prices though the roof though and that is from lack of refining capacity. These companies have a vested interest to make sure refineries arenā€™t build so they can maintain their profit margins.

BTW what even is corporate greed? Public corporations have a duty to make the most possible money for their shareholders. If you mean monopolies Or XXopolies then I agree, but again that loops back to regulation. The problems in this world revolve around the fact that for the last 10 years money was free and any large corporation could just gobble up anything the resembled competition. They had the power to shape legislation and regulation to keep smaller competitors that they couldn't buy, out of the game.

What we ended up with is a few companies anywhere you look that almost completely control their entire market. That doesnā€™t work well for consumers. Free money has consequences.
Well that and they expect demand to drop due to relatively widespread electric adoption in the next decade (I.e, peak oil has already been reached). Nobody wants to spend billions on new refining capacity right now just to be left holding the bag before it even starts making a profit.

That's probably the absolute worst part of this energy "crisis", it's almost completely by design and there isn't any solution in the works.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Well, Nigerian oil is selling for $118 bbl, while OPEC / ME is around $87 bbl, and RU selling at $70 bbl incl shipping.

The west pays the highest price in the world haha. Good thing everyone has lots of credit for the most part, realitively.

I own lots of shares in western oil co, mainly operating offshore Nigeria, and Namibia, exclusively, where the ultra high grade is coveted by refiners and now by all those who don't want RU oil any more.

I Also own shares in western oil co operating in Vietnam, who has Asias third largest recoverable reserves and govt even more protective of the oil business than Nigeria and Namibia.

Great jurisdictions thanks to low taxes, hunger for tax revenue, and lots of lead for activists and other opposition haha, great offshore conditions and proximity to plenty of equipment and personnel needed. There are no shortages of anything with average netbacks $80 bbl now.
Good thing we produce more than we use and are net exporters.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That's probably the absolute worst part of this energy "crisis", it's almost completely by design and there isn't any solution in the works.
But we do not have an energy crisis. There are no shortages of gasoline and the diesel shortage on the East Coast is man made not natural. That said the cost of extraction is going to continue to rise as will the cost of refining. The time for gas demand going down due to alternative sources of power is a long way off. I do not think the oil companies are really concerned about that now. Of course they say otherwise to validate their pump prices.
Sponsored

Last edited: