Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Neither. You mentioned T's gas price. "T" had nothing to do with it. The price of oil collapsed because of a "worldwide" pandemic. Production dropped drastically because people weren't driving. Covid is still effecting the supply channels which is effecting our price at the pump.

And thank you, I get out plenty. :like:
Nope strike 2, Trump opened the leases for drilling, offshore & exploration, Remember fracking we started using our oil, we were selling. OPEC had their towels wrapped around their heads. Tied in knots because of the Trump energy policies. And how about that pipeline what ya think about that? Maybe going out very often was the wrong phrase. Get the head out of the sand, more appropriate?

The reason Covid is having such an effect on the supply chain. Is because of this little phrase "supply on-demand" In other words instead of stockpiling or warehousing high usage items. Very little was being produced to front-load the factory needs. Now having a big part in the supply chain problems that are kicking ass today.

In the door Monday gone by Friday, the world does not work that way. Peaks and valleys and poor business planning by stupid computer-dependent bean counters.

Computers remember well not so great at predicting. I won't use weather as the example but I sure as hell could.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Nope strike 2, Trump opened the leases for drilling, offshore & exploration, Remember fracking we started using our oil, we were selling. OPEC had their towels wrapped around their heads. Tied in knots because of the Trump energy policies. And how about that pipeline what ya think about that? Maybe going out very often was the wrong phrase. Get the head out of the sand, more appropriate?

The reason Covid is having such an effect on the supply chain. Is because of this little phrase "supply on-demand" In other words instead of stockpiling or warehousing high usage items. Very little was being produced to front-load the factory needs. Now having a big part in the supply chain problems that are kicking ass today.

In the door Monday gone by Friday, the world does not work that way. Peaks and valleys and poor business planning by stupid computer-dependent bean counters.

Computers remember well not so great at predicting. I won't use weather as the example but I sure as hell could.
Before we get banned for talking politics I will respectfully agree to disagree. :like:

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Before we get banned for talking politics I will respectfully agree to disagree. :like:
Save him from his own argument? Good road to take....

Some of the stuff I read on here is like "wtf". Always the same couple of people though. Eaten up by politics.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; The simple facts are most any topic can be linked to politics in some way. I prefer to talk about policies and avoid directly mentioning particular individuals. Such can be done, and it is policies enacted which wind up directing situations.
A way to shut up those who are making sound arguments with salient points other do not favor is to cry out for them to be silenced. Sadly, such has happened much too often. Gas prices are not all simple supply and demand with no link to policies. Policies do count.

Make better counter arguments if such can be done is a positive way to deal with things not liked. Gas prices affect most all of us and are becoming a crisis. Around the corner, if reports are valid, are looming serious food shortages. Back a few decades a policy of using corn ethanol in fuel was enacted. It has been a largely failed policy in terms of the intended purpose of increasing the fuel supply. An unintended and somewhat ignored effect of that policy was higher grain prices and increased hunger as portion of a food source was redirected to become fuel.

Enacted policies were a main driver of the current inflation and supply chain problems. I disagree with things some post but in no way simply want them silenced. If they make points i cannot refute in a reasonable manner, such is my weakness. Having their voice stopped does not enhance my stance at all.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Fine by me, personally had posted all I had to say about the matter anyway, being one step ahead of you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Where I’m at this looks like a very real possibility in prices.
I still haven't paid over $4.15 this year, but I know that is going to change. Even though Crude is still $10 a barrel less than Early March, gas continues to climb. I guess the oil companies are trying to recoup their losses from 2020 when no one was buying fuel.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I still haven't paid over $4.15 this year, but I know that is going to change. Even though Crude is still $10 a barrel less than Early March, gas continues to climb. I guess the oil companies are trying to recoup their losses from 2020 when no one was buying fuel.
At his point I'm over what the reason is. It just doesn't matter as none of us can do anything about it. Unless, of course, we all park our cars and switch to bicycles.

Here is my local Costco today. I'm so glad my Mustang is not a DD. My's wife's Volvo requires premium fuel so not to happy about that.
1652707501115.png

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
At his point I'm over what the reason is. It just doesn't matter as none of us can do anything about it. Unless, of course, we all park our cars and switch to bicycles.

Here is my local Costco today. I'm so glad my Mustang is not a DD. My's wife's Volvo requires premium fuel so not to happy about that.
1652707501115.png
That's cheap. My closest station is $5.19 for regular now, and $5.59 for diesel. Not sure how much for Premium, as my GT uses E85. I get gas about 2 miles away, where it is much cheaper than even my local Costco.

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
I’m in central Florida, right now regular is $4.49, premium $5.09, and diesel is $5.61. Wherever you’re at you better brace yourself because it’s coming to a station near you.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Something I find odd, the broker poorer areas around me, with literal beat up gas stations.
Have a good 10-15c price hike vs the nicer area stations- here’s the weird part

the bad area gas stations, are slam packed always. This doesn’t make sense

Ie. 410-420 my area
435 to 440 like 5-10 mins up road in the bad area

Sponsored
OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I’m in central Florida, right now regular is $4.49, premium $5.09, and diesel is $5.61. Wherever you’re at you better brace yourself because it’s coming to a station near you.
Some stations are over $6 here in the Chicago area. Cheapest one is a couple miles from me now is $4.29 today. Closest station is $5.19, but I'm not buying gas there.

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
Some stations are over $6 here in the Chicago area. Cheapest one is a couple miles from me now is $4.29 today. Closest station is $5.19, but I'm not buying gas there.
At $5.19 if you have another option I wouldn’t either.

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
Something I find odd, the broker poorer areas around me, with literal beat up gas stations.

Ie. 410-420 my area
They might be trying to make up for theft loss.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)

Ie. 410-420 my area
Ghetto tax.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Ie. 410-420 my area
Unfortunately there is nothing odd about it. Has been happening for decades on virtually everything people can buy. Those with the least pay the most.
Sponsored