LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
But we do not have an energy crisis. There are no shortages of gasoline and the diesel shortage on the East Coast is man made not natural. That said the cost of extraction is going to continue to rise as will the cost of refining. The time for gas demand going down to to alternative sources of power is a long way off. I do not think the oil companies are really concerned about that now. Of course they say otherwise to validate their pump prices.
Yes, 2 million barrels a day being exported. https://www.autoblog.com/2022/05/19/fuel-prices-rise-diesel-exports/

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 11.39.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 11.40.27 AM.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Oil companies don't care about us, all they care about is profits.
Such an overused worn-out phrase, that only a parrot would say.

Do you like a pay raise so does the rest of the world?

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Such an overused worn-out phrase, that only a parrot would say.

Do you like a pay raise so does the rest of the world?
Yes I would, but I haven't committed to giving myself one. It's a fine balance between growing the business and growing my finances.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
All shortages today are man made. Every one. It takes years to ramp up production even if have 1000s of wells ready for completions or reactivations.

USA lost 250,000 oil workers in last years. These are skilled, highly trained fabricators and equipment operators, and very tough people working in extremely dangerous and highly regulated sector for weeks on end with no breaks, 17 hrs a day at times.

Ask me how I know haha.

No one is going to stretch an inch to produce more oil, to make same or less profits, when under constant attack on all sides by utopian dreamers jacked up on mushrooms and coke, envisioning hipo vehicles and aircraft powered by magic juice LOL.

USA refineries are awash in filthy Canadian oil that's very expensive to refine. All the supporting chemicals are expensive as well. RU used to supply USA with a few M bbl day of distillates used for refining ...that's all gone.

Shortages of refined product are very real and there is no quick replacement for the lost distillates needed for fuel refineries.
Hello; happened to catch a bit of a news report today. Some exec of a big oil company was saying there is no incentive for them to invest in increased production under the current administration policies. I may have missed some context but that message seems clear enough. Yeah I am talking policies again.
Here is a way i look at it. The true believers pushing the pro EV agenda with "green" energy have made a serious blunder. Even if someone like me was ready to move over to an EV now, there are not the vehicles nor the grid available to support them. The EV's also cost a lot more.
The blunder is making things tough on the ICE drivers without giving us a practical way out. My area hit the first 89 degree F temp today about a week early. I noticed my electric water heater was remotely cut off for a while this afternoon.

How many will not be able to afford to buy an EV and also will not be able to pay the high gas prices. Even if we stay home and do not drive diesel prices will make anything we buy more expensive

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello; happened to catch a bit of a news report today. Some exec of a big oil company was saying there is no incentive for them to invest in increased production under the current administration policies. I may have missed some context but that message seems clear enough. Yeah I am talking policies again.
Honestly if you believe any of this I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. The big oil companies are raking in record profits that you know are not being passed down to the rank and file employees. So this is their reasoning for why gas prices are rising daily. And on top of that checkout the oil states and their political agendas. Can you say the word Scapegoat?

There is nothing that the current administration has done to explain what is happening now. Why, you ask? Because as I said numerous times there are no shortages, period. And don’t bother bringing up diesel. It is being exported instead of being piped to the East Coast. Why? Because it is more profitable. The big oil companies do not give a shit, period.

If it really makes you feel better, go ahead and blame the Federal government all you want. Just remember they do not control the pump price of gas. That’s your friendly gas company.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

93 is $4.85. Riding the train to work, and all that comes with it, is becoming more and more worth it.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Honestly if you believe any of this I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. The big oil companies are raking in record profits that you know are not being passed down to the rank and file employees. So this is their reasoning for why gas prices are rising daily. And on top of that checkout the oil states and their political agendas. Can you say the word Scapegoat?

There is nothing that the current administration has done to explain what is happening now. Why, you ask? Because as I said numerous times there are no shortages, period. And don’t bother bringing up diesel. It is being exported instead of being piped to the East Coast. Why? Because it is more profitable. The big oil companies do not give a shit, period.

If it really makes you feel better, go ahead and blame the Federal government all you want. Just remember they do not control the pump price of gas. That’s your friendly gas company.
Hello; There is a difference between making a profit now and plowing that profit into expensive procedures to increase supply and/or refinery capacity under the current policy stances. They could spend a lot now to be sure, but for what return. I merely heard the oil company exec make the statement. If he expounded further i missed such.

Think of it this way. Car companies and dealers are making big profits lately selling ICE cars. Over MSRP for some time now. Even so with the looming policy changes due soon ( no sale of ICE models in the 2030's for example) the incentive for car companies to invest in designing and tooling up to make new ICE models is absent. They likely had some models in the pipeline and may finish such production. It can take a lead time of a few years to bring a model to market.
I can see stuffing runs of ICE engines into which ever platform will hold them at the end as well.

Hard to believe you still do not see the impact of policy on production. The prime example was the killing of the big pipeline on day one. On top of that policies during the pandemic also helped get us where we are now. Lastly the massive federal spending adds to inflation which leads to higher fuel prices. Higher fuel prices lead to higher prices on anything transported. Spending is policy.

Again, I restate my point. With the very high current fuel prices a lot of us would welcome a way out of crushing expense. The EV and "green energy" plans are not anywhere close to mature. Had it all been just bad world circumstances beyond our control such as simply using up available oil, natural gas and coal that would be one thing. However, the current situation has been caused by decisions made by people in charge. Some decisions starting back at the beginning of the pandemic and then continuing for years have had a big impact. Recall the "lockdown for 14 days" that somehow went on and on and on. That was policy.
I and a few others posted about how the policy actions during the pandemic were likely to wind up being worse that the disease itself in their own way. We are paying some of that price now. There have been other non-pandemic policies influencing things such as inflation. Another 40 billion of spending just in the last few days. Regardless if that spending is for a great cause it will increase inflation.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
93 is $4.85. Riding the train to work, and all that comes with it, is becoming more and more worth it.
Hello; No trains or other public transit anywhere near me. The city of Knoxville TN about 55-60 miles away has bus transit. I do not any such option.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello; There is a difference between making a profit now and plowing that profit into expensive procedures to increase supply and/or refinery capacity under the current policy stances. They could spend a lot now to be sure, but for what return. I merely heard the oil company exec make the statement. If he expounded further i missed such.
And this is the problem. You’re only listening to one side of the story. And do you really think he is going to admit what they are really doing. It’s far to easy to jump on the “let’s blame the government“ bandwagon. And that’s because it’s easy to blame “them” for everything.

Think of it this way. Car companies and dealers are making big profits lately selling ICE cars. Over MSRP for some time now. Even so with the looming policy changes due soon ( no sale of ICE models in the 2030's for example) the incentive for car companies to invest in designing and tooling up to make new ICE models is absent.
Seriously, dealers are getting killed due to a lack of inventory. They’re trying to make money anyway they can, therefore ADM’s on any in stock cars.

Also do you really think the billions of dollars being invested in alternative fuels just happened during the current administration? It’s been going on since the 70’s. Car regulations go up and down all the time. This time is no different.

Hard to believe you still do not see the impact of policy on production. The prime example was the killing of the big pipeline on day one.
Your “prime example” is pure BS. It wasn’t a pipeline, it was just an extension of an already existing pipeline. And it wasn’t due to go online before 2024 so zero impact on the current situation. All due respect but do you actually do any research?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Seriously, dealers are getting killed due to a lack of inventory. They’re trying to make money anyway they can, therefore ADM’s on any in stock cars.

Also do you really think the billions of dollars being invested in alternative fuels just happened during the current administration? It’s been going on since the 70’s. Car regulations go up and down all the time. This time is no different.

Your “prime example” is pure BS. It wasn’t a pipeline, it was just an extension of an already existing pipeline. And it wasn’t due to go online before 2024 so zero impact on the current situation. All due respect but do you actually do any research?
Hello; I note you are very selective in a reply to my points. Sure without the regular inventory to move a dealers overhead can be a financial burden. I think you missed or chose to ignore the point made.
By the way do you not see that policy decisions made during the pandemic added to the vehicle shortage?

Hello; Do not think I made the claim that "green energy" or as you call it alternative energy started in the current term. I know full well solar, wind and such has been around for decades. My point being it is not mature enough to be a viable alternative for several reasons. I do not figure it will be viable by 2030 or 2035 even in the states where the sale of new ICE will be banned.
I made a road trip sometime in the early 2000's and saw a wind farm in North Dakota. Such energy is not new. I looked into a hybrid in 2001 - 2002 and decided to buy a Sentra.

Hello; Again you fail to take into account the impact of such a policy decision to stop the extension of the keystone pipeline. That same oil is being transported by rain in smaller volumes and at greater environmental risk. The impact of that decision was to use a cliche like throwing cold water on the oil patch. We are a lot closer to 2024 than we were a year and a half ago.
Sponsored