Gas prices dropping soon?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
73 during the day, summer and winter. 68 at night.

If they mandate control of my owned appliances........ anyway I would buy a whole house generator and run it on propane. Screw them.
I just set the house AC to 75 and locked it because my wife decided to override the scheduled settings because she is still here this morning. I am sorry, are you paying the now 500/mo electricity bill? 75 is cool enough during the day.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I am sorry, are you paying the now 500/mo electricity bill? 75 is cool enough during the day.
My electric bill runs 50 low to 110 high. I bought a 18 SEER heat pump several years ago.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I just set the house AC to 75 and locked it because my wife decided to override the scheduled settings because she is still here this morning. I am sorry, are you paying the now 500/mo electricity bill? 75 is cool enough during the day.
Oh no, not the $500/month electricity man, he who seems to have the most expensive tariff in the world never mind the US! I don't see his posts any more......

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Oh no, not the $500/month electricity man, he who seems to have the most expensive tariff in the world never mind the US! I don't see his posts any more......
huh?

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Maybe some confusion over gas prices and gas prices - as in we call our gas petrol and our gas gas if that helps clarify it :wink:

Anyway petrol prices are falling in the UK with falling oil prices, but gas prices are still high and volatile.
I keep forgetting its not the same meaning with the same words :like:
Hello; Not clear what your points are here. It is understood that not all "smart" devices work the same way or are universally able to be controlled by anyone. My take is the home owner has to agree to have a company controlled smart device installed or instillation of the devices has to be mandated by the authorities. A carrot of lower energy cost on one hand or a stick of mandates on the other hand.

That last bit about how China is a hoot. That big companies move their manufacturing plants to places with weaker environmental, labor and safety rules is true. Not sure how that makes Chinas pollution my fault.

That the EU had time to do something about dependency on Russian gas implies they had a viable alternative available.
company controlled smart meters only automate the meter reading - they do not control the usage of appliances inside the premises

China - yes we consumers demand ever lower prices so manufactures go where it's cheapest to make. That's what they do and as consumers we reward those companies by buying their cheaper products.

EU - when Russia first invaded Ukraine in 2014 it was said then that continuing to buy Gas (not petrol) via the Nordstream 1 was putting control into Putins hands and creating a potential lever that could be er dangerous for the EU, building Nordstream 2 and increasing the reliance on Russian Gas (not petrol) was of course a stupid idea of biblical proportions but still EU went ahead with it.
They were warned this would happen, I think in 2016? 17?
2014, see above.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
2014, see above.
It was 16 or 17 when Germany let Russia install a pipeline for natural gas into Germany. They were repeatedly warned by the then US administration that it was a bad idea and would bite them in the butt.

Instead of listening they sang kumbya.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
It was 16 or 17 when Germany let Russia install a pipeline for natural gas into Germany. They were repeatedly warned by the then US administration that it was a bad idea and would bite them in the butt.

Instead of listening they sang kumbya.
nordstream 1 was online 2011 pumping Gas (not petrol), you are talking Nordstream 2.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
$500 a Month? I don't pay that for my house and 3 store fronts. My house is no more than $100 a month. I use all LED bulbs, but have an Electric dryer. AC set at 74 from 5PM to 7AM, and off during the day. I run hot, and my wife and her mom who stays with us dress up like Eskimos.

Last edited:

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
$500 a Month? I don't pay that for my house and 3 store fronts. My house is no more than $100 a month. I use all LED bulbs, but have an Electric dryer. AC set at 75 from 5PM to 7AM, and off during the day. I run hot, and my wife and her mom who stays with us dress up like Eskimos.
it used to be about 200. pretty sure the 100 degree days and 95% humidity do not help (have to run a dehumidifier in the AC unit as well) electric company rates went up over 50% in the last 6 months, wife has been home more than she should be and thus keeps turning the AC down during the day, 68 vs the 75 setting on the schedule. but all LED lights, new double paned windows, attic insulation is in poor shape though, I am sure that does not help. nor does it that when I am working from home that means 5 computer monitors are on all day.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Now I know why prices are going down…..your new EB vert comes in this week!!! :giggle: :clap:
The cruising will begin soon.......................:sunglasses:

grape2.jpg

Sponsored

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Damn! I was bitching when ours got over $300! 😳

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Damn! I was bitching when ours got over $300! 😳
Yep. Just saw mine clear $300 last month, while my AC unit was in its death throes and running non-stop amongst the heat and humidity. I'm hoping the new one eats a little less juice.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
China’s surprise rate cut, economic slowdown send oil prices plunging (msn.com)
Hello; saw this today. Some mention is made of the housing crisis of which i know little. Seems too many housing units have been built or something like that.

Article did not seem to mention it but since one of their biggest customers (USA) is having/not having a recession and inflation, I figure less spending on our part might be a part.

I did buy a pair of New Balance shoes a week or so ago. They had some USA made ones so i got those. However, so many things i wind up buying are made in China.

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
China’s surprise rate cut, economic slowdown send oil prices plunging (msn.com)
Hello; saw this today. Some mention is made of the housing crisis of which i know little. Seems too many housing units have been built or something like that.

Article did not seem to mention it but since one of their biggest customers (USA) is having/not having a recession and inflation, I figure less spending on our part might be a part.

I did buy a pair of New Balance shoes a week or so ago. They had some USA made ones so i got those. However, so many things i wind up buying are made in China.
It’s unfortunate everything is made in china. The worse part is you usually end up buy their crap twice! I always look for products made here.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Unleaded
3.28 9/10

Premium
3.81 9/10
Sponsored