Gas Prices Could Hit $4 a Gallon This Summer, Thanks to OPEC Slowdown

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Thats ok US can dip into you Strategic Petroleum reserves like last year into midterm elections . Or can you ?
ScreenShot1561.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Any time the wind blows, consumers will get bent over while Big Corp raves about how many BILLIONS they made in XYZ Quarter. :devil:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Thats ok US can dip into you Strategic Petroleum reserves like last year into midterm elections . Or can you ?
What's the significance of 371M number that is shown as some kind of cut off / zero (for those that don't bother to read the graph) / end of the world ?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll start caring about gasoline prices when it's >$7/gal. The number to watch like a hawk is diesel.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Gas is a relatively small expense for most people compared to things like cars and houses. That's where prices have truly gone insane.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Meh, since I been old enough to pump fuel.
Every summer gas goes up, starting late may spike, then a lul till end of june start of july till labor day.
home heating oil prices are higher in the cool monthes, news at 11.
Even if Opec did nothing, prices will go up.
Hell If the epa had it's way, they nuke fuel prices every holiday people drive and all summer.
Lets see, I have my crystal ball out. a us refinery will also have a fire or a shut down for inspection or servicing also come the driving months. just like every year.
Bonus is n/g prices go to the moon this time and that ev is no bargain to run either.
There will be lines at those retail store ev free charging stations as you know those that cause this will not open wallet to pay it.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Meh, since I been old enough to pump fuel.
Every summer gas goes up, starting late may spike, then a lul till end of june start of july till labor day.
home heating oil prices are higher in the cool monthes, news at 11.
Even if Opec did nothing, prices will go up.
Hell If the epa had it's way, they nuke fuel prices every holiday people drive and all summer.
Lets see, I have my crystal ball out. a us refinery will also have a fire or a shut down for inspection or servicing also come the driving months. just like every year.
Bonus is n/g prices go to the moon this time and that ev is no bargain to run either.
There will be lines at those retail store ev free charging stations as you know those that cause this will not open wallet to pay it.
OPEC+ may be many things but stupid isn’t one of them. They know exactly when to cut production to induce the most pain, especially for the US.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
OPEC+ may be many things but stupid isn’t one of them. They know exactly when to cut production to induce the most pain, especially for the US.
We do it to yourselves. If we still were producing, opec would be full throttle production.
We could be in control, but can't talk about that end of it here.

Sponsored

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
$4/gal would be a 20% drop from where it is now. Oh the joy.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
We do it to yourselves. If we still were producing, opec would be full throttle production.
We could be in control, but can't talk about that end of it here.
So true, but we are still producing, plenty. It's the exports that hurt us. Big oil makes more profit exporting than the loss importing.

$4/gal would be a 20% drop from where it is now. Oh the joy.
That's $4.00 per gallon average across the country. But it still sucks!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There's actually some gossip circulating that pressure at some of the Saudi wellheads has started to drop, which is why they instituted the cutback. Their days as the de facto producer of oil may be numbered after decades of having the taps fully open....

And of course, since the Saudis never allow third party auditors access to their well data to make their own estimations, we'll never really know if it's true or not.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
which is why they instituted the cutback.
maybe so, but I'll take the side that says "FU america and your toothless leader, we're aligning ourselves with the REAL superpower, Chyna"
Sponsored