Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Why a "ferry" tale? There are no rivers or lakes I have to cross to need a "ferry".

I stopped by a NAPA store once to get a PCV valve for my Hemi. They didn't know what a Hemi was, tried to sell me a valve for the 4.7L, claiming they're the same PCV. Your implication that NAPA is a worthwhile stop sounds like more useless "expert" advice.

As for the lines, that's folks turning their Costco visit into a marathon. I go in the morning and never have to wait.

You missed the point regarding NAPA. To begin with the item discused had nothing to do with model, year, or a specific car manufacture.

Now it you think that body fasteners are not common enough. To be acquired from many resources. Must have a Ford logo on the bag no less, and pn# ........

News flash you believe in 2 ferry tales, buy that shit brand of fuel, and schedule your life around the lines ........... LMFAO

Funny stuff
Sponsored

Last edited:

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
You missed the point regarding NAPA. To begin with the item discused had nothing to do with model, year, or a specific car manufacture.

Now it you think that body fasteners are not common enough. To be acquired from many resources. Must have a Ford logo on the bag no less, and pn# ........

News flash you believe in 2 ferry tales, buy that shit brand of fuel, and schedule your life around the lines ........... LMFAO

Funny stuff
lol ferry tales…it’s fairy tales 🤣

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
Costco is an extremely high volume retailer, at least in my area it is. Which means the nozzles are subject to an extreme amount of use and abuse, i.e. being dropped, shoved into filler necks at odd angles, people driving off with the nozzle still in the car, etc.

It's likely the nozzle you had issue with may have been abused one too many times and isn't as smooth or round or straight as it should be.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Costco is an extremely high volume retailer, at least in my area it is. Which means the nozzles are subject to an extreme amount of use and abuse, i.e. being dropped, shoved into filler necks at odd angles, people driving off with the nozzle still in the car, etc.

It's likely the nozzle you had issue with may have been abused one too many times and isn't as smooth or round or straight as it should be.
That's why Costco adds Acetyl L-Carnitine along with the pineapple juice to its gas.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Sams gets gas from whomever (also a crapshoot to even get to the pump) and Costco gets only BP. When running 93 I only get Costco. But if they only offered 91 I would pass too. Never had any nozzle issues here. May have a swollen nozzle, better get that looked at ;-)
In Hawaii, it doesn't matter where you get your gas as there's only 1 refinery here producing gasoline. The only difference is the additive package for the different brands. The available octane is 87, 89 and 92.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I have fleet vehicles with 500k on them that run Fuel from the cheapest stations around us. Other than the normal services and fuel filters every 50k miles. No issues. Sure the fleet vehicles are running 87 swill, and the mustang is 93 octane. but I think the Idea that you have to run overpriced/brand fuel is a fairy tale. But it is your choice.
Running 87 isn't a problem; you just won't have as much power as the 4 knock sensors on the engine will retard your ignition timing and whatever else it does when it detects detonation beginning (long before your ears can even begin to hear the "ping" like we did in our old cars that weren't computer-controlled with knock sensors). I know because I ran 87 when it was new during break-in and acceleration was definitely slower compared to 92 (we don't have 93 here). But running 87 won't harm the engine; in fact my manual only said it "required" 87 octane or higher.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Running 87 isn't a problem; you just won't have as much power as the 4 knock sensors on the engine will retard your ignition timing and whatever else it does when it detects detonation beginning (long before your ears can even begin to hear the "ping" like we did in our old cars that weren't computer-controlled with knock sensors). I know because I ran 87 when it was new during break-in and acceleration was definitely slower compared to 92 (we don't have 93 here). But running 87 won't harm the engine; in fact my manual only said it "required" 87 octane or higher.
My point was the brand of fuel not so much the octane Some swear by "brand name" fuel.
My post was that the brand name fuel and the local minimart fuel Isn't a factor today.
But the marketing guys thank them for thinking "v-power" or whatever is better for their ride.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My point was the brand of fuel not so much the octane Some swear by "brand name" fuel.
My post was that the brand name fuel and the local minimart fuel Isn't a factor today.
But the marketing guys thank them for thinking "v-power" or whatever is better for their ride.

We agree here, fuel/octane are the same, it is the additives that make one perform better then the next .

Cheaper, fuel can burn just fine, pull the heads off a motor that has run a better grade of fuel.

A difference can be seen, same goes for oil. Every day driver using his wallet as the base line to determine performance, will never get it.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
We agree here, fuel/octane are the same, it is the additives that make one perform better then the next .

Cheaper, fuel can burn just fine, pull the heads off a motor that has run a better grade of fuel.

A difference can be seen, same goes for oil. Every day driver using his wallet as the base line to determine performance, will never get it.
Well, when a dyno pull with irving 93 is giving the same numbers as the vp , the requirements for fuel today because of injection makes the cleaning additives a moot point. the carbon on a piston head is from oil being burnt, not a difference in fuel brand.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, when a dyno pull with irving 93 is giving the same numbers as the vp , the requirements for fuel today because of injection makes the cleaning additives a moot point. the carbon on a piston head is from oil being burnt, not a difference in fuel brand.

Dyno pulls are short, full power runs, so additives could be said to be a moot point .

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
I was filling up gas earlier today at our local Costco, and when I was done I had a hard time pulling the gas nozzle out of the capless fuel filler. I had to really give it some force to get it out. Anyone here experienced this before? Thanks
Its funny you say this as the last 2 times at Costco I have had the same issue and I don't know why....

Odd, never a problem here. Saw this on 12/1 though.

IMG_5688.jpg

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
A ferry tail for sure ^^

Well I sure will heed such expert advice, even if it is useless . Going to NAPA, I pass costco & sams.......... Thinking, damn that must be some kind of gas.

Looking at the lines, & knowing lines usually means one of two things, something is free or cheap. Both an indication of a level of quality one should /could expect.......
the top tier has website lists Costco as a brand that has top tier gas. Sams, however, is not on the list.
986E77F8-0FC9-459C-B3B6-5A4E9927FF54.png
9724580D-6174-45DC-B8A9-D6CA27F294D3.png

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I pass costco & sams.......... Thinking, damn that must be some kind of gas.

Looking at the lines, & knowing lines usually means one of two things, something is free or cheap. Both an indication of a level of quality one should /could expect.......
2 ways to make 1 million dollars. Sell 1 thing for 1 million profit or sell 1 million things at 1 dollar profit.....
Sponsored