Sponsored

Bob S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Package
I got the A10, but can you explain to me how the gas guzzler tax works? Because I keep thinking its combined MPG, but it seems like they're doing it based on highway MPG? I feel like I'm not comprehending something about this still.. 😒
The fuel economy values shown on a car's window sticker are adjusted downward from the official fuel economy test results. This is so the label values are closer to what people get in real-world driving. The Gas Guzzler Tax calculations are based on the official fuel economy test results, which are higher than the label values. So, the window stacker values aren't the ones used for the Gas Guzzler Tax calculations. Be thankful, otherwise the tax would be higher.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Last edited:

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
That tax got initiated very quickly.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/window-stickers.156448/page-2

I posted this bottom of page 2. 2 A10 cars, one with the tax, the other without it. Its a build date issue, not the transmission. You are not going to be avoiding this tax unless you had a very early build car.
Today was the first day my sticker became available. It has the EPA area, it is an A10, and the line for Gas Guzzler Tax says NO CHARGE. The blend date is 120210409. So that theory goes out the window. I know it is a Federal standard but has anybody noticed if the state the vehicle is delivered to has an impact on whether or not the tax is on the sticker?

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
Today was the first day my sticker became available. It has the EPA area, it is an A10, and the line for Gas Guzzler Tax says NO CHARGE. The blend date is 120210409. So that theory goes out the window. I know it is a Federal standard but has anybody noticed if the state the vehicle is delivered to has an impact on whether or not the tax is on the sticker?
The world may never know 🤔

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
That does seems to negate the early build date theory. The A10 example I provided has an significantly earlier build date than yours, by about two months yet guzzler tax was invoiced as $1,000 on that sticker, I get more and more curious about this as it goes on. I'd really like a definitive answer.

I remember hearing a great radio news interview with some CA gas tax officials, they could never account for a specific portion of the gas tax monies collected on every gallon of CA gas. The fee had been in place for years, so long that people had forgotten its purpose and what account that portion of the gas tax fed into, at least that was their claim....

An utter disgrace the incompetence and lack of transparency displayed at all levels of government.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
An utter disgrace the incompetence and lack of transparency displayed at all levels of government.
every tax should have a hard-coded sunset provision not to exceed 10 years. You can't re-authorized it, you have to write a new bill to re-levy it as if it was new and re-vote. But hey, the grift must go on.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
every tax should have a hard-coded sunset provision not to exceed 10 years. You can't re-authorized it, you have to write a new bill to re-levy it as if it was new and re-vote. But hey, the grift must go on.
This will never happen.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
my 21 had the tax (6 speed) and the a10 s didn t then too.
it s a "more fun" tax, LOL

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Take a look at post # 15. This confirms what you were told. Just another reason to get the A10. :cwl: :cwl:
Funny part you still pay more for the A10 so jokes on you? lol

Mach U

Threads
Reaction score
Scottsdale, AZ - Winter / Carlsbad CA - Summer
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Genesis - 2021 Mach 1(HP)
I still havent seen a definitive answer to this yet. But will the mach 1 have the 1,000$ gas guzzler tax? I've seen mixed answers, and there seems to be confusion about it, since some window stickers have it, and some don't. I've seen this on both manuals and automatics. Just looking for an answer. Thank you everyone.
I ordered two 2021 M1's - Manual non HP and A10 with HP. The manual had the tax and the A10 did not. Couldn't tell you why or why not. Came in the same day - bought the A10.
Sponsored