Garage Floor Surfaces

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
I did mine in a polyaspartic type of coating thats similar to epoxy but supposed to be more durable. It turned out really well.
2385.jpeg
Beautiful floor! Mine has worn like iron for 8 years so far and I have a working garage and do some light fabrication. The only downside I have found is if you drop a small screw...it is a blue steel bitch to find it.
Sponsored

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
Beautiful floor! Mine has worn like iron for 8 years so far and I have a working garage and do some light fabrication. The only downside I have found is if you drop a small screw...it is a blue steel bitch to find it.
Yes things dropped tend to vanish! (lol) I love how it sealed the concrete. No more moisture.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
What do you all think about polished concrete? Can all concrete be polished?

The house I grew up in had a small polished floor. It looked and felt amazing in the dry but was slippery as hell in the wet

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
How do plastic tiles hold up to floor jacks and jack stands. Lots of lbs per square foot with front jack wheels and jackstand legs.
Jack stands are a non issue, floor jacks with small diameter wheels will deform the tile/leave a dent.

Sponsored

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3

The house I grew up in had a small polished floor. It looked and felt amazing in the dry but was slippery as hell in the wet
I have seen multiple polished concrete floors, they look great. They had some material burnished into the surface which filled the pores in the concrete and gave it the shine. I don't have insights regarding their durability.

FrankMCG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 5G Mustang 5G
Last edited:

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
Hello, it looks really cool! How durable is this coating? How will it hold up if, for example, a pool table or a table tennis table is placed on it?
Probably pretty good, it has a 20 year warranty. But I'd put something underneath the legs.

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone

Big fan of it, but there is a lot to know/learn about it. If serious I would get an estimate and work with a reputable provider.

Mine is not slippery at all when wet and I don't have to worry about anything peeling. Certain rubber will pull the sealant up if it sits for an extended amount of time(but not tires)
Sponsored