Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Those red wheel covers are what broke on virtually all twelve of mine, D. I replaced them with these...

1631105027346.png

They're holding up OK but next time, I think I will go with these Rubbermaid casters. The rough driveway really chews 'em up and I think the casters below will not only last longer but, they'll be quieter, too. The spherical version above make a lot of "rolling rattle." :-)

1631105089941.png
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am pleased that I have finally opened one of @DFB5.0 's threads and not felt the need to buy something new ... :cwl:

Wheels for buckets wont work on my drive (cobbles - see avatar) ...

Bridges are therefore pointless ...

My wash tools live in my buckets to dry, hung high from the garage roof (therefore lids would be a pain for me) ...

I am at peace and my bank balance survives another day ... :cwl:

WD :like:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Those red wheel covers are what broke on virtually all twelve of mine, D. I replaced them with these...

1631105027346.png

They're holding up OK but next time, I think I will go with these Rubbermaid casters. The rough driveway really chews 'em up and I think the casters below will not only last longer but, they'll be quieter, too. The spherical version above make a lot of "rolling rattle." :-)

1631105089941.png
I canā€™t even believe Iā€™m posting this but you two are certifiable. And I say that with love!! :like::clap::giggle:

https://www.casterconcepts.com/cad-...MIuYi4gbnv8gIVxaeGCh2NZA2dEAAYASAAEgKhW_D_BwE

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
<laughing..>

CLEARLY, I need to learn more about casters! What a great site, Ira, many thanks. I'll be using it for sure but wish I'd known about it a few months back when I ordered fifteen roller blade casters for the office chairs. I should have gone with a one inch shorter wheel. Had to sit on the floor and spin two of the three to lower the height but I could have saved the headache. :cool:

Thanks again, amigo.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Received my matching red and blue bucket dollies today.

IMG-1181.jpg

Just bit nicer than the plain black ones. My life is complete!! :giggle:

IMG-1187.jpg

This is the size difference between the castors OG sell compared to what I have been using -

IMG-1170.jpg

IMG-1169.jpg

"It's all falling into place"......... šŸ˜

mbe123.jpg

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
D: Definitely better casters and if your surface is smooth concrete or asphalt, no problem. Because my driveway concrete has pebbles in it, it's quite rough to the touch and it quickly tore the red vinyl off the caster tires.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Using a foam cannon and pressure washer regularly relegates the need for hand washing down to extreme pre-show detailing duties.
Brian: I would suggest that your statement is not necessarily so for those afflicted with serious OCD issues. :-) I rinse after foaming and always hand wash afterward. But I hear ya on the ridiculous prices. I've lost faith in MM and OG. First, they sold my email address which thoroughly PO'd me. Then, they jerked me around with some spray bottles. Finally, the white wash, rinse, and wheel buckets are very thin material. So thin that the screw-in locking bolts on the sides of my caddies punched a leak in two of the three. Threw them all into the trash and am doing just fine with generic bucket caddies and Homeless Depot buckets. <grin>

Can't beat the Kranzle 1122 though, OG got that brand correct and those machines and the Mosmatic accessories are high quality stuff. That said, I'll be shopping elsewhere for all future purposes unless it's the only retailer that has what I need which is highly unlikely.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Brian: I would suggest that your statement is not necessarily so for those afflicted with serious OCD issues. :-) I rinse after foaming and always hand wash afterward. But I hear ya on the ridiculous prices. I've lost faith in MM and OG. First, they sold my email address which thoroughly PO'd me. Then, they jerked me around with some spray bottles. Finally, the white wash, rinse, and wheel buckets are very thin material. So thin that the screw-in locking bolts on the sides of my caddies punched a leak in two of the three. Threw them all into the trash and am doing just fine with generic bucket caddies and Homeless Depot buckets. <grin>

Can't beat the Kranzle 1122 though, OG got that brand correct and those machines and the Mosmatic accessories are high quality stuff. That said, I'll be shopping elsewhere for all future purposes unless it's the only retailer that has what I need which is highly unlikely.
LoL I canā€™t help with OCD, just ask my wife šŸ¤£
My theory is never touch the paint unless itā€™s absolutely required. Foam wash once a week and leaf blower dry takes care of 99% of the dirt/dust I collect.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
$295 for three plastic buckets and rollers? Nah dog, thatā€™s like $30 worth of plastic and steel there.
Iā€™ll stick to my Home Depot and Chemical Guys buckets, which honestly only get used once a month or less. Using a foam cannon and pressure washer regularly relegates the need for hand washing down to extreme pre-show detailing duties.

There are certain products he stocks that are worthwhile shopping elsewhere for, stuff like car wash soap and other chemicals. In such cases, you will be presented with a wider choice of products rather than Matt's best product/only product policy. I don't really agree with that product strategy, when he was using Adam's Car Shampoo, I tried it and didn't love it like he did. In such a case, he looses me, and others like me, as a customer for car wash soap.

As you say KB, certain stuff he has put the effort into and in a way, earned my and many others money. Kranzle pressure washers and tailoring them to use for car washing being the most obvious one. As was getting a more suitable solution in regards to pressure washing guns for car washing. Using the short gun for wheel washing, I could never go back to those long, awkward and bulky guns that come standard with pressure washers. In these situations, I'm happy to pay for the expertise that he has brought to the table so that I have a product solution that is plug and play.

In regards to the buckets and the cost, I should point out that I only purchased the bucket dollies from OG as he was the only one selling what I wanted. I pieced together the rest from other suppliers. The buckets are shorter but thicker than the OG items. The OG Bucket package at $295, which is a 3 bucket set, is pretty eye watering for price. I guess the advantage here is that again, this is a click and order solution. Here is my break down of costs to get a similar setup, which had me buying from 4 different supplier to get the result I wanted. (Keep in mind these prices are Australian Dollars, $1 AUD buys $0.72c USD) -

2 Bucket & Grit Guard Set x 2 ($61.95 each, four buckets in total) = $123.90
Gamma Seal Lids x 4 ($21.95 each) = $87.80
Bucket Dollies x 2 ($71.85 each) = $143.70
Ford Decals x 4 ($0.50 each = $2.00

TOTAL = $357.40 AUD / $258.66 USD (That is a four bucket set compared to 3 buckets from OG)

Yes, a lot of money for some car washing buckets! But for me, I use these more than the once a week, sometimes three or four times a week. I'm using these enough for me to want a setup that is highly functional to use efficiently and looks pleasing to the eye. I also get a lot of pleasure from chasing down these sort of things. So while I understand a couple of buckets from the hardware store will certainly do the job, this is my passion that I like to share with others to either inspire or provide perspective.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Putting these into action on the Mustang yesterday, they certainly look the part. I'm sure it comes as no surprise that my favorite colors are Red and Blue. šŸ˜

IMG-1386.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG-1401.jpg

I also added the OG decals, just because I like the design of them. Stored on top of my cabinets -

IMG-1259.jpg

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Resurrecting this thread from last year to add a small, but important addition.

As I mentioned in earlier posts, I wash wheels, wheel arches and exhausts while seated. My seat and buckets are on wheels to help me scoot from wheel to wheel without getting up and moving everything one by one. I find this both more efficient as well as more relaxing. The foam cannon was the odd one out in this, now it can hang from the side of the bucket and come along for the ride.

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

These foam cannon bucket brackets have been available for while for you guys in the US but no one was selling them here in Australia. To order and have one shipped was going to set me back over $120!!! I wanted one, but not that badly.

https://beadzracks.com/products/bucket-mount-foam-cannon

I actually reached out to one of my local suppliers last October and asked if he had something like this on the cards. As it turned out, he had just ordered some from Maxshine, along with a few other items that he asked my opinion on. I started dialog with this gentleman when I ordered my Kranzle in 2020 and have kept touch with him ever since. I get a kick out of being asked for opinions on new products, chances are if I want it, others will too.

Best bit? It was only going to cost me $17 plus shipping.

Link for Aussies -
https://detailingshed.com.au/products/maxshine-foam-cannon-bucket-mount?_pos=1&_sid=2edd0cf57&_ss=r

Link for US -
https://www.maxshinecarcare.com/ourstore/p/maxshine-foam-cannon-bucket-mount?rq=foam cannon

This seemingly small piece of steel represents a 9 month search and the realization of my passionate pursuit of detailing perfection.

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG-0763.jpg

IMG-0766.jpg

IMG-0761.jpg

IMG-0777.jpg

In practice, it works exactly how I imagined. Moving from wheel to wheel is simple, ergonomic detailing perfection. When I started detailing, I used to hate cleaning wheels. The action of being crouched and hunched over, I could not wait to get them finished. Now, I savor it as it represents me at my most relaxed, nowhere to be, nothing else to do but be right there with my car.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
D: Killer write-up as always but of course I have a question.

I see from the Maxshine link that the bracket "hangs" on the bucket and doesn't clip firmly. That was smart because you need to stack buckets so I was glad of that.

My normal practice is to put the cannon IN the tool bucket to move around but it does take up a lot of space. (I drag two buckets, one with wheel soap solution and one with brushes, etc.)

So, my question is, with a full jar on the cannon, does it ever fall off the hook when moving around? I'd hate to knock a hole in the plastic jar.

Thanks, dude.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
D: Killer write-up as always but of course I have a question.

I see from the Maxshine link that the bracket "hangs" on the bucket and doesn't clip firmly. That was smart because you need to stack buckets so I was glad of that.

My normal practice is to put the cannon IN the tool bucket to move around but it does take up a lot of space. (I drag two buckets, one with wheel soap solution and one with brushes, etc.)

So, my question is, with a full jar on the cannon, does it ever fall off the hook when moving around? I'd hate to knock a hole in the plastic jar.

Thanks, dude.
I differ from you in that I only use the one bucket for wheels, which is filled with water and soap. Hence the bracket being an important addition to my process.

When moving, I grab the bucket close to the foam cannon to be safe. That said, it seemed pretty stable moving around the car. Certainly something to keep an eye on though.
Sponsored