Jstang23

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Absolutely, it's same as having 2 sets of wheels and tires for street and track. They all will get worn out eventually.

I'm just too lazy to swap pads all the time for a car that gets driven 6k miles a year.
I also just do not have the time to do a complete brake job every time I get off the track. Leaving these pads as my daily pads might just be what I’m looking for!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jstang23

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
@tosha and @NightmareMoon have either of you had an issue with G-Loc pads ruining the finish on your wheels? I’ve been told they don’t but I don’t want to ruin my nice new wheels! Thanks!

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
@tosha and @NightmareMoon have either of you had an issue with G-Loc pads ruining the finish on your wheels? I’ve been told they don’t but I don’t want to ruin my nice new wheels! Thanks!
They are quite dusty, bot not corrosive. I also coat my wheels to make cleaning easy

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
yeah the stuff washes off with a little generic carwash soap and a sponge pretty easily.

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium

Sponsored

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
I use R12's and they ruined the finish of my Forgestar wheels. But it might have just been the finish itself was garbage. The dust seems to wipe right off the Apex wheels. So I guess your results may vary.

OP
OP
Jstang23

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I use R12's and they ruined the finish of my Forgestar wheels. But it might have just been the finish itself was garbage. The dust seems to wipe right off the Apex wheels. So I guess your results may vary.
I’ve got my wheels ceramic coated so I’m hoping that I won’t have that issue!

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I have steeda wheels as well as stock PP1 wheels, no issues with washing off the dust so far. Guess you're right that it could be finish specific.

I’ve got my wheels ceramic coated so I’m hoping that I won’t have that issue
Just keep in mind that ceramic coating on wheels is not very durable (I guess the heat and dust and everything is affecting a lot). This gyeon wet coat thing has been working very well for me. The application simplicity makes it very user friendly, and I use it on wheels every car wash. The effects are very similar to ceramic coating. It doesnt't last as long, but who cares if I use regularly.

Sponsored

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
I have steeda wheels as well as stock PP1 wheels, no issues with washing off the dust so far. Guess you're right that it could be finish specific.

Just keep in mind that ceramic coating on wheels is not very durable (I guess the heat and dust and everything is affecting a lot). This gyeon wet coat thing has been working very well for me. The application simplicity makes it very user friendly, and I use it on wheels every car wash. The effects are very similar to ceramic coating. It doesnt't last as long, but who cares if I use regularly.
I was going to say this exact thing. Ceramic coating isn't magic. If the finish of the wheels reacts negatively to the dust (and mainly heat), ceramic coating won't stop that from happening.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Stock PP, Apex (two sets - gunmetal and black), SVE (bronze) and Project6gr wheels (black satin) here, no finish issues with GLOC pads.

Im guessing this is more forgestar QC issues. A quick search for Forgestar Paint Issues turns up way too many results.

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
Yeah I wouldn't recommend Forgestar. Paint is just one of the issues. Best to just avoid them.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Changing pads before and after every events always seems like a good idea at first but as the number of events increase, laziness kicks in. I drove XP20s (R16 equivalent) on the street for a few months and now I just leave my Pagid RST3 on. Some squealing in the parking lot and more dust but I get a few hours back in my life by no pad changes lol.

OP
OP
Jstang23

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I've got the SVE M1 wheels in black, I shouldn't run into any finish issues :like:
Sponsored