'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.

Dave5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
I bought a group 47 AGM from O'Reilly and it fit well enough for the cover to close.

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm still waiting on mine, Amazon sent me the wrong one. ‍♂

tal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leschuck.com
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
I bought a group 47 AGM from O'Reilly and it fit well enough for the cover to close.
So with no modifications you were able to fit the Group 47? And the cover sits flat enough so the hood closes?

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I could swear that somewhere I saw that the "ORIGINAL" battery in 6G Mustangs is a wimpy 390 CCA!!
Please correct me if I'm wrong!!
The original battery is 590 CCA, not bad but still kind of small for any serious winter weather. Why, last winter the garage went down to 40 degrees one night... ;)

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
D3400R was a flop , the hood wouldn't close as the battery wouldn't sit properly even with the sides cut, it was just too high. Pffft. I have an after market hood that may be why, IDK, I'm just going to go with the d4700

Since you said any...D3400 should fit if you cut off a short side. It's too wide and starts stressing the plastic enclosure, but there should be enough space for it to sit at the bottom if you remove a side.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
D3400R was a flop , the hood wouldn't close as the battery wouldn't sit properly even with the sides cut, it was just too high. Pffft. I have an after market hood that may be why, IDK, I'm just going to go with the d4700
Is the battery sitting flush at the bottom of the box or no? It's a third of a inch shorter than the D4700.

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
Is the battery sitting flush at the bottom of the box or no? It's a third of a inch shorter than the D4700.
That's the weird thing about it, I think I'll try again but I thought it was sitting flush. Made no sense to me why it didn't fit. Granted it's 110° in Phoenix, my garage 118° probably. I was sweating like a dog maybe I was rushing it lol.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
That's the weird thing about it, I think I'll try again but I thought it was sitting flush. Made no sense to me why it didn't fit. Granted it's 110° in Phoenix, my garage 118° probably. I was sweating like a dog maybe I was rushing it lol.
The other issue could be the step down at the back of the box. I bought a spare battery box to mess around with that I had previously dremeled the step out of, but I no longer have a dremel to mess with to cut out a side and get mine to fit.

Sponsored

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
So I have it sitting like this, it's flush, but I can't use a terminal post. So how did you get the + (red of course) connected. I'm running "Big3" as well but there's no room for that if I go with this 3400R.
IMG_20190808_095258.jpg

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
Update!
Here's what I did to make the XS 3400R battery fit. I had purchased the XS Power adapter 555 and booked them on. However since the black negative terminal to the adapter slants left it was blocking the hood from closing. So I swapped them out, positive & negative adapter, (I don't see that XS Power has those terminal adapters slanted the opposite way so I'll have to paint them myself so I don't plug something that should be grounded into the power terminal, if you know that they do make please some please let me know) & tried closing the hood, BAM. You can see in the pictures that all my cables are connected too.

Edit* also, I didn't have to cut the bottom notch out either. (Damn autocorrect!)

IMG_20190808_131225.jpg
MVIMG_20190808_131234.jpg
MVIMG_20190808_131238.jpg

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Great to see and thanks for the pictures! I wish mine came with that handle bit though (got it used from a guy that was upgrading his stereo system to be an array of Volt batteries!), such a pain moving it around without it.

Now I've just got to get a battery charger so I can make sure that mine is charged up and get around to cutting my spare battery box to get it swapped in one of these weekends.

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
I can't imagine moving around one of these monster size batteries without a handle of any kind, it's crazy heavy! If it didn't come with it I'd be screwed, my back went out putting that beast in. I imagine you could make one with some thinner rope from ACE or Lowe's. I had an option to buy one used from someone in offer up but I didn't want to take the gamble. Good luck though!

Last edited:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Guys were there any signs or issues before the stock battery croaked?..going on 4 1/2 yrs ownership with my stock battery and now concerned a bit after reading some of these post.
Sponsored