Sponsored

Full Race?

soon2be

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon ecoboostPP
1/4 and 0-60 numbers would be pretty interesting
thats not what this car is about, like all ecoboosts mustangs, its a road course handling beast.

I would like to know Lateral grip, and HP/TRQ numbers?

:cheers:
Sponsored

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
Well to me it is ;) I want power and course handling abilities.

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
wow lots of work going on over there
looking forward to the updates!!!

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
-Headgames Motorworks and Ferrea Valvetrain are prepping our cylinder head. prototype was on display at PRI. We have a healthy and abused test cell engine used for prototype testing which was torn down to make some power. Im a fan of building motors that have been heat cycled.

-Working with 2 different camshaft manufacturers, one is doing a billet cam, the other is grinding us some reduced base circle cams. They are 2 completely different price points, but the billet cam allows experimentation with a different HPFP cam lobe profile.
Has Headgames obtained a radius seat cutter to do the exhaust vj? Also a few of us discussed the port divider here...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=490204#post490204

...so hoping there are some improvements to what was shown at PRI.

I'm more familiar w/ OHV configurations...do these engines not have billet cams from the factory? I'm also used to the general rule of staying away from reduced base circle cams due to reduced stiffness...are these issues not a factor? What kind of spring pressures, open/closed, are used?

Thanks for your efforts...

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Awesome progress! I can't wait to see some of this stuff hit the market.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Freakin' awesome. :headbang: (Well, except for that rear wing - blech.)

I was wondering when an EB with this kind of power would finally surface. Nice work.

LStillman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
M4dSc1ent1st
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Geoff Any updates? how about showing us a sneak peak at that cast twin scroll design you guys mentioned previously.

Turbo money is burning a hole in my pocket waiting on Full Race to release a EFR 7163 twin scroll kit.

Sponsored

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
If anyone is able to attend the Carlisle, PA Ford event June 5/6 please stop by the Full-Race tent! we will have a few interesting things on display :ford:

Our 3" catback exhaust production begins in the next 2 weeks. I am really excited for this one

in regards to the upgraded turbokits - please do not get eager yet. There are many aftermarket partners working together on this with us. Prototypes are being built to test various configurations (some unconventional stuff as well) and we've learned a lot. The next round of updated prototype changes is scheduled for late-may, so production is not close to being ready. We arent trying to be first to market on this... but when we get there it will be a tough act to follow

today was like christmas, everything showed up with the Fedex and UPS trucks. Ford Motorsport subframe & diff bushings (solid aluminum) + ARP wheel studs arrived today.. I can get our rear suspension back together! Penske is tweaking their rear coilover package, we will not see the revised production parts until July. Whiteline's complete rear susp bushing kit is fully installed, Ill take photos of it and post online. All their parts installed very well, with proper fitment and interface to the spindle's integral link. Im patiently waiting for their front susp parts like roll-center-adjust balljoint & tierod kit. I hope other members will measure rear & front bumpsteer and share their tie-rod spacer settings! :gossip:

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Freakin' awesome. :headbang: (Well, except for that rear wing - blech.)
LOL the wing is functional and built for grip. Some people love it, others hate it. The car is naked right now, no wing at the moment

Has Headgames obtained a radius seat cutter to do the exhaust vj? Also a few of us discussed the port divider here...so hoping there are some improvements to what was shown at PRI.
Headgames has been doing radius cuts on the seat for as long as ive known him (14 years?) they have some very nice machines and I consider valvejobs as their specialty. The PRI head was a last minute, two days before the show rush job. It was far from proper, we will have proper head and some prototype turbo setups on display at carlisle. If you can attend that or PRI make sure to stop by

What kind of spring pressures, open/closed, are used?
I will ask Zeke from Ferrea if I can post his numbers. I will say the OEM springs are very soft and doesnt take much boost to push the intake valves open.

Great update. You said there are two clutch companies working with you, but is anyone doing a flywheel?
the flywheel on these engines is a massive beast, definitely plan on seeing lightweight flywheels with multiplate clutches

1/4 and 0-60 numbers would be pretty interesting
its so far off i dont want to speculate. we have a long way to go. A good tool to nerd out on is the BorgWarner matchbot page: http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/aftermarket/matchbot.aspx

watch the youtube videos at the bottom to get an education

bislag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT w/PP
Will that coilover package you mentioned have an ecoboost specific option?

It would be nice to have a setup that was actually designed for the weight of the EB engine instead of the GT. There's vendors working on it, but I haven't seen results yet (admittedly I haven't looked into it in a few weeks though).

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I asked Ferrea about what they have coming out a couple weeks ago. This is what I got back -
"We received your request. We have a complete valvetrain package coming out in 30 days for the Ford Ecoboost 4 cylinder engine. It will include the following.

-********Standard and 1mm oversize valves

-********Single valve springs (65lbs on the seat)

-********Titanium retainers

-********Spring seat locators"]

Think I'll be waiting on springs/retainers until some good cams are also available.

Last edited:

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I spent all weekend and all day at Headgames Motorworks, flowbenching different prototype manifolds and tweaking on this cyl head. We tried some different ferrea valvetrain setups. Camshafts are proving to be tricky! Even with detailed cad models we had to sacrifice this cyl head to the R&D gods - fortunately Ford has a reasonable pricetag on brand new oem head castings. Its a steep learning curve that has thrown a few curveballs :headbonk:
Sponsored