Fuel pump upgrade

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
the guys over at super six have a 500whp 3.7, procharged....pretty sure they are on the stock pump still. id have to ask though
They are running either MS109 or 93 octane. They aren't using E85
Sponsored

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
I have DW 65lb/hr injectors and have previously ran 12psi with E85 on stock pump with VMP BAP. BAP ended up burning up stock pump and already had to replace it. I have been running 7psi without my BAP on 91 octane and have not had any issues.
7psi with no BAP should really not be of concern.

That 12PSI combo is might BRAVE, as you have already found out.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
7psi with no BAP should really not be of concern.

That 12PSI combo is might BRAVE, as you have already found out.
This might be a dumb question, but I have seen GT models run E85 with a stock fuel system and make close to 450whp. From this, could we not say that it would be the same for my car? Or would the addition of boost change it?

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
This might be a dumb question, but I have seen GT models run E85 with a stock fuel system and make close to 450whp. From this, could we not say that it would be the same for my car? Or would the addition of boost change it?
A few different things here, the addition of boost makes the demand of fuel greater, thats why larger injectors and the such are needed. Smaller displacement motors require more fuel as well to make power.

In rough example a V8 on 52Lbs Injectors can make around 500RWHP Naturally Aspirated. A Naturally Aspirated V6 on the same injectors can make 400RWHP, and supercharged V6 can safely make 350RWHP on the same 52Lb Injectors

Hope that give you a better idea.

Sponsored

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
We are currently working through a V6 calibration for a Procharged setup and improving what comes out of the box. We should have some good data here shortly on what can safely be done with these things.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
We are currently working through a V6 calibration for a Procharged setup and improving what comes out of the box. We should have some good data here shortly on what can safely be done with these things.
Sign me up! While the stock Procharger tune is really good I would love a few enhancements.

We know the 3.7 can do over 7500 RPM safely but the Procharger tune keeps the stock redline. At least give the option of a higher redline.

Please give the option to remove the top speed cutoff. The S550 driveshaft does not have the same high speed issues as the S197. I've hit the cutoff before halfway down the straight on Texas World Speedway.

Also please give the option to raise the idle. I had to ditch the stock dual mass flywheel as it broke a couple weeks after the Procharger install. So without the dampening of the dual mass I get a rattle at the stock idle. Bumping it up a hundred RPM or so would probably get rid of the rattle.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
A few different things here, the addition of boost makes the demand of fuel greater, thats why larger injectors and the such are needed. Smaller displacement motors require more fuel as well to make power.

In rough example a V8 on 52Lbs Injectors can make around 500RWHP Naturally Aspirated. A Naturally Aspirated V6 on the same injectors can make 400RWHP, and supercharged V6 can safely make 350RWHP on the same 52Lb Injectors

Hope that give you a better idea.
Did I read this right, 400rwhp NA V6? Sign me up for that. What else do you need to do when upgrading the fuel injectors aside from a tune? I mean if I can make 350rwhp NA I'd be pretty happy.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
^^^ "could"^^^^

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Did I read this right, 400rwhp NA V6? Sign me up for that. What else do you need to do when upgrading the fuel injectors aside from a tune? I mean if I can make 350rwhp NA I'd be pretty happy.
That is what the injector is capable of supporting, not what the car would make with those injectors. Injectors alone do not account for any type of horsepower gain.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Im currently at 440whp @ 10 psi, given my limited tuning ability at 400whp (same 10psi) over 6000 rpm i couldnt keep it from going lean without the boost a pump, now i can keep my afrs inline.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
Im currently at 440whp @ 10 psi, given my limited tuning ability at 400whp (same 10psi) over 6000 rpm i couldnt keep it from going lean without the boost a pump, now i can keep my afrs inline.
Which BAP are you using?

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
the Non programable from vortech
Any chance that you have tested the voltages while it is running?

I was using the VMP booster and it was running consistent 10V - 11V under normal driving and then would increase to the expected 18V under heavy throttle. I would imagine that the normal voltage would need to be around 13 or 14?
Sponsored