Fuel Pump Kill Switch

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Ravelco plug, pull the plug when you exit the vehicle, Short of someone bringing a tow truck your car isn’t going to move under its own power. After several hours of undoing the spaghetti wires someone could undo it…. But no car thief will waste that much time.
Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Ravelco plug, pull the plug when you exit the vehicle, Short of someone bringing a tow truck your car isn’t going to move under its own power. After several hours of undoing the spaghetti wires someone could undo it…. But no car thief will waste that much time.
Like putting a deadbolt on a 1/4" plywood door. The plug is complicated and looks impressive but the wiring that it connects to is the normal vehicle wiring. A few snips here and there and the entire thing is bypassed in place. Same with any kill switch. The dumbest thing anybody does when planning security is assume the thief is some kind of bumbling idiot ala Wiley Coyote. They aren't. Defend against somebody as smart or smarter than yourself and you'll have a much better chance.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Like putting a deadbolt on a 1/4" plywood door. The plug is complicated and looks impressive but the wiring that it connects to is the normal vehicle wiring. A few snips here and there and the entire thing is bypassed in place. Same with any kill switch. The dumbest thing anybody does when planning security is assume the thief is some kind of bumbling idiot ala Wiley Coyote. They aren't. Defend against somebody as smart or smarter than yourself and you'll have a much better chance.
Exactly like I said… it can be defeated but takes time. If you just cut the plug off your left with a bunch of black wires crossed over different combinations along with dummy wires. If the the thief gets under the hood and follows the splices then reconnects he can do it… all of which takes time. More time than a thief is willing to take in a parking lot with a car. It’s not as simple as a few snips here or there, should do some more research on the system.
majority of thief’s use the obd plug and clone the key in less than 5min, I’m not underestimating… I’m making it a pain in the ass lol.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Exactly like I said… it can be defeated but takes time. If you just cut the plug off your left with a bunch of black wires crossed over different combinations along with dummy wires. If the the thief gets under the hood and follows the splices then reconnects he can do it… all of which takes time. More time than a thief is willing to take in a parking lot with a car. It’s not as simple as a few snips here or there, should do some more research on the system.
majority of thief’s use the obd plug and clone the key in less than 5min, I’m not underestimating… I’m making it a pain in the ass lol.
I know exactly how the system works, there's nothing new about it. I used to pull them off of cars for customers when dealerships would leave them in place. Dealers use them extensively to control insurance costs. It would take me such a short amount of time I wouldn't even bill for it. Minutes and that's including a quality repair to the wiring affected. It would be seconds if I didn't care. You're only thinking about the end you see at the plug, try to imagine what it looks like past that. A bunch of typical factory wiring clearly laid out then a bunch of crap that obviously doesn't belong. Makes it obvious what's been done where.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I decided a Kill switch to the clutch pedal sensor was easier, the car won't start without the clutch down.

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I know exactly how the system works, there's nothing new about it. I used to pull them off of cars for customers when dealerships would leave them in place. Dealers use them extensively to control insurance costs. It would take me such a short amount of time I wouldn't even bill for it. Minutes and that's including a quality repair to the wiring affected. It would be seconds if I didn't care. You're only thinking about the end you see at the plug, try to imagine what it looks like past that. A bunch of typical factory wiring clearly laid out then a bunch of crap that obviously doesn't belong. Makes it obvious what's been done where.
well you know ill take random internet dude.... over literally everyone else, you dont gotta lie about stuff just because i dont trust you, For sure take it out in seconds haha

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
To me you are both kind of random internet dudes and don't see why I should believe either of you.
I'm sure not going to spend $650 to have that ugly plug in my car. A $7 switch that I hide in some random spot will keep the car from starting enough to discourage, or piss off, any would be thief. And neither solution prevents break-in damage.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
well you know ill take random internet dude.... over literally everyone else, you dont gotta lie about stuff just because i dont trust you, For sure take it out in seconds haha
Believe whatever you like, somebody put a Canon plug on the old keycard system and is trying to market that to the masses. It doesn't have to work, it doesn't have to back up or guarantee any claims. You don't have to trust me one bit to think about my claims and decide if those are reasonable. Look at the wiring where something aftermarket has been added in and tell me you can't quickly identify it. Now imagine someone with even a little experience looking at the same thing. I made my living for the better part of a decade doing automotive electrical work. People that can put in and take out that system quickly are not at all uncommon.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Lol. Yea, they were not the most secure cars. A simple screw driver could open and start them.
My son’s ‘86 GT was purchased in Manitoba 2 years ago.
Manitoba Public Insurance required all Fox owners to install an immobilizer due to the # of thefts.
His car won’t start unless the little transponder is in the car.

pt's21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP MT, Wife's 20 Mustang GT A10
If you're really concerned, install a hidden GPS tracker. You can find your car after stolen before it can be stripped.

This one is $130, with the first year $70 subscription included in purchase price.

And then add a window sticker.
Or.

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you're really concerned, install a hidden GPS tracker. You can find your car after stolen before it can be stripped.

This one is $130, with the first year $70 subscription included in purchase price.

Or.
Here they just drive the cars into containers where the GPS doesn't work and ship the cars to Africa where they're not tracked.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Or.
When I activated my Ford Pass cellular connection through AT&T (free trial period that came with the car), Ford Pass showed my cars GPS location wherever it was. The tracker is already in the car, just need to activate the cell connection. I think it was 5$ CDN a month to keep.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...do-i-view-location-alert-history-in-fordpass/
Sponsored