Fuel Pump cut off switch

PhotoSHO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 GT PP1
Has anyone put a fuel pump cut off switch on their car to disable the car while it's parked?
I had one on my SHO's and my old Explorer.

Have a great day,
Sponsored

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - 6R80 - Paxton 2200SL
It's gotta be easy to install one behind the driver seat, or near the floor kick panel because the fuel pump and all the wiring is right under the rear seat. I am not sure why it would be necessary though, modern cars are pretty hard to steal right?

I am pretty sure all of the wires going to the fuel pump, also run along the floor right under the driver side door and up by the dash near the pedals and kick panel.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I have one of these (see below) under my hood that powers my triple fuel pumps… so in theory yes I do. I’m sure you could put something similar on to the factory wiring if you know what wire is what.
FF349D91-97A5-4FC4-BED8-C759369E367C.jpeg

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
It's gotta be easy to install one behind the driver seat, or near the floor kick panel because the fuel pump and all the wiring is right under the rear seat. I am not sure why it would be necessary though, modern cars are pretty hard to steal right?

I am pretty sure all of the wires going to the fuel pump, also run along the floor right under the driver side door and up by the dash near the pedals and kick panel.
Modern cars are pretty easy to steal unfortunately. Everything is run over rf signals so stealing one's signal is easy. Luckily car theifs are so into dodge chargers us mustang folk haven't had too many issues yet.

To the OP,
I would put a kill switch somewhere other than on my fuel pump circuit. It your switch fails you may go lean and go kaboom.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Back in the fox body days the fuel pump relay was under the drivers seat, I added a simple toggle in the relay power circuit. It worked like a charm. Im not sure where the FP relay is on our cars, but it could be done fairly easy I would imagine.
Good luck

Sponsored

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma, 2020 Miata, MB E350
My '66 is like the Fox body and I just put a switch under the dash in the fuel pump circuit.
As has been said, Modern cars not the same or as simple.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
A good number of cars are stolen via wrecker/flatbed. So all an electrical cutoff will do is delay/frustrate them from finding it (in that case).

The bottom line is that if someone wants to steal something badly enough, there are few measures that will truly stop them. All you can really do is encourage them to steal someone else's.

Locking lug nuts are a perfect example. Anyone who's ever had to get one off where they lost the key will tell you a motivated person can blow through that in seconds.

Tracking devices? All they do is take the car to a "cooling off" spot for a few days. If it's still there, they know it's not being tracked. So you can hide it wherever you want. There's ways around it.

I keep my keys in a faraday box (they're cheap on amazon) because one of the easiest ways for them to drive off with it is just to read the key fob signal and replicate it. I keep it in my garage at home but when it's parked out and about, there's not a whole lot that will stop a wrecker.

The sad reality is that in most civilized parts of the US, auto theft would be easy to squash. There are so many public cameras now, it'd be impossible not to leave a trail. But law enforcement really does not GAF about auto theft. They just don't. "That's what insurance is for" is their philosophy.

To answer your original question, as stated above, the simplest place to wire it in would be the FPDM behind the drivers seat and then simply wire it into the console with a physical disconnect (a switch is great, but if they find it, they just flip it. When I had a jeep, I had an actual disconnect with a plastic key. Takes them longer to rewire around it.

OP
OP
PhotoSHO

PhotoSHO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 GT PP1
do you have an auto trans or a millennial anti theft stick?
I have the ever so popular 6 speed anti theft devise. It also works at the tire store too.

OP
OP
PhotoSHO

PhotoSHO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 GT PP1
Thank you to all for the great information. True statement, if someone wants it bad enough they'll get it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PhotoSHO

PhotoSHO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 GT PP1
Fantastic, I want to thank everyone for their insightful responses.

Cheers,

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Yep, cops only give you an incident number for insurance, then forget about it.
Had a loss of goods in storage .... insurance had their own private eye that dug into investigating.
Sponsored