Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Interesting video
No mustangs
I'd think a gt 500 would be there.but cobra was #!
Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Interesting video
No mustangs
Without even watching it I can tell you it was the 427 L88(?) corvette. My uncle had one in green that he helped build personally working the line at GM. He took delivery of it as soon as it rolled off the assembly line, swapped on slicks he had brought in the back of his truck, and took it out behind the factory. Immediately thought something was wrong with it because he felt a clunk on hard acceleration.

His buddy was filming and after reviewing the footage he found out the clunk was the front end of the car slamming back down on the pavement after the car wheelied. He eventually put a trailer hitch on the vette to tow his matching green jet boat with a 427 marine engine.

he sold the car and boat a couple years later to pay for cancer treatment which he ultimately could not beat. May he rest in peace

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Without even watching it I can tell you it was the 427 L88(?) corvette. My uncle had one in green that he helped build personally working the line at GM. He took delivery of it as soon as it rolled off the assembly line, swapped on slicks he had brought in the back of his truck, and took it out behind the factory. Immediately thought something was wrong with it because he felt a clunk on hard acceleration.

His buddy was filming and after reviewing the footage he found out the clunk was the front end of the car slamming back down on the pavement after the car wheelied. He eventually put a trailer hitch on the vette to tow his matching green jet boat with a 427 marine engine.

he sold the car and boat a couple years later to pay for cancer treatment which he ultimately could not beat. May he rest in peace
Sad note.at least he had his dream car.a friend had 67 vette with 427 435hp
Incredible car.in the day though they weren't considered muscle cars fir some reason.same thing with mustangs they were pony cars yet the article has camaro.still interting video it was a L89 tripower car with solid lifters.i think the l88 was 4bbl 425hp

Last edited:

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Sad note.at least je had gis dream car.a friend had 67 vette with 427 435hp
Incredible car.in the day though they weren't considered muscle cars fir some reason.same thing with mustangs they were pony cars yet the article has camaro.still investing video
Yes. What a great era. The cars my dad and uncles owned could make up a museum. I am trying to carry the torch for my generation - only one in my family my age that can afford it these days unfortunately.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Interesting video
No mustangs
My 1970 442 Post Coupe was an absolute beast.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Check this out:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Not surprised the Cobra was #1. It was smaller and lighter than the others in the video plus the 427 was packing some serious HP back then.

I wouldn’t expect to see a Mustang on the list, it wasn’t and isn’t a muscle car by definition. Shelby did beef them up but it seems they didn’t include any aftermarket/specialty cars except the Yenko. If they included the Yenko, there are others they should’ve included as well IMO. I think someone in the video comments mentioned the R code Fairlane and the Thunderbolt as two that should get included if the Yenko was included. Good list though, lots of cool stuff. Super Bee and Roadrunner are two of my faves from that era.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
70 Buick GSX Stage 1. That's the #1. Not sure why they didn't list it. Torque monster.

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Check this out:
Fiwarded that to my friend.he had a vert too
Hr sold it when he got married in 1968 for 30k

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
1969 Chevrolet Camaro COPO ZL1.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
70 Buick GSX Stage 1. That's the #1. Not sure why they didn't list it. Torque monster.
That particular video was for 1960’s cars. The Buick would very likely appear in a 1970’s list

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
These videos are difficult to watch. You know the person making it isn’t a car guy with how he pronounces some stuff. Four hundred forty six pack.

I am a fan of GM A bodies and Mopar B bodies. I’ll keep my Chevelle

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
These videos are difficult to watch. You know the person making it isn’t a car guy with how he pronounces some stuff. Four hundred forty six pack.

I am a fan of GM A bodies and Mopar B bodies. I’ll keep my Chevelle
It almost sounds like AI to me. A lot of videos are going that way. It might not be, it’s getting hard to tell these days

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Back in the day, all the magazines used to have slightly different lists. I remember the 1971 Boss 351 was the quickest of the 60s/70s Mustangs.
Sponsored