FRPP Power Pack 3 Tune

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Magma Red 2018 F150 5.0L, Deep Impact Blue 2016 Mustang GT
I know there’s a tune that comes with the power pack. Is it the same as other tunes? Can/should I get a custom tune, or is that one enough?
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I know there’s a tune that comes with the power pack. Is it the same as other tunes? Can/should I get a custom tune, or is that one enough?
FRPP is a much more conservative tune than a custom tuner. You also can't add any additional mods requiring a tune. So if you ever want more power utilizing e85 or long tubes you're much better off getting a custom tune for them instead.

OP
OP
sandman0023

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
FRPP is a much more conservative tune than a custom tuner. You also can't add any additional mods requiring a tune. So if you ever want more power utilizing e85 or long tubes you're much better off getting a custom tune for them instead.
If I install the manifold and tune it, can I get another tune later? Or am I stuck with it?

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
If I install the manifold and tune it, can I get another tune later? Or am I stuck with it?
I have the FP power pack 2 (CAI, 87mm, tune). I opted for it instead of the PP 3 because the dyno examples I saw online didn’t seem to justify the extra $$$ for the 3. The video overview on American Muscle pretty much says the same thing. I am pleased with the results. The low and mid range HP and torque gains are great. I installed it myself because the local Ford dealers were either greedy and / or inept. Install took 2 hours. If you want more top-end power than the PP2, I’m thinking that you should look at an e85 tune or make the jump to forced induction. Live long and prosper.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Custom tunes you are just a revision away when you make changes. Load up your new tune on your device and load to car car your good. FP you can't revise. You would then need a new device, new base tune and revisions based off of data log.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sandman0023

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Custom tunes you are just a revision away when you make changes. Load up your new tune on your device and load to car car your good. FP you can't revise. You would then need a new device, new base tune and revisions based off of data log.
So if I install the manifold and tune, I can still get a custom tune from elsewhere?

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Then ford tune for this pack is very well regarded by the experts and by all accounts on a street car it’s hard to do much better while maintaining drivability and longevity.

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
I ran the PowerPack 3 tune for about 3 years until a few weeks ago when I got my long tube headers and cats. I just removed the tune, bought a Lund Ngauge and had my local tuner tune my car with HPTuners software on the Ngauge. Worked at well and my dyno number is below on 93 pump gas. Not too bad considering it was in the 90's and humid out when he dyno'd my car a few weeks ago.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I would most certainly go with a custom tune if you are up in the air about the difference. Like previously stated, those Ford tunes are very conservative. Enough so its not even worth the money. Hit me up if you would like to see what kind of custom tunes I can get to meet your needs. Lethalperformance.com

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I highly recommend getting a custom tune either Palm Beach Dyno or Lund. The FRPP is a very conservative tune but it needs to be to preserve your warranty. If warranty isn't an issue get the custom tune. We sell both PBD and Lund. Message @Stephen@lethal or myself and we can get you taken care of here at @LethalPerformance!

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You also can't add any additional mods requiring a tune. So if you ever want more power utilizing e85 or long tubes you're much better off getting a custom tune for them instead.
It's the same with any custom tune, you can't add additional mods requiring a tune. If you get a basic custom tune, then want to add E85 or long tubes, you'll need a revision which costs money.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
It's the same with any custom tune, you can't add additional mods requiring a tune. If you get a basic custom tune, then want to add E85 or long tubes, you'll need a revision which costs money.
Well you just need a revision to existing tune then at that point. That's easy. My point is with the Ford Performance tune you could not just get a revision you are locked on that specific tune. You would need a new tuner device, new base tune from a new tuner etc.

OP
OP
sandman0023

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I highly recommend getting a custom tune either Palm Beach Dyno or Lund. The FRPP is a very conservative tune but it needs to be to preserve your warranty. If warranty isn't an issue get the custom tune. We sell both PBD and Lund. Message @Stephen@lethal or myself and we can get you taken care of here at @LethalPerformance!
I’m not up I’m the air about it. I’m getting the pack and a couple small things fixed on the car next week. Plan on getting long tubes and gears I’m the spring. I wanted to make sure that I could still add an aftermarket tune to it.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
People say FRPP tuning is very conservative tune yet it works with GT350 TB. I have 2015 GT PP car with Power Pack 2 I have looked at GT350 Manifold or 2018 Manifold. Every tuner I've talked too we can make more power over your current setup BUT say don't want tune with GT350 TB because at 2300 RPM you get a surge. Oh great buy another CAI so you can use stock GT TB. Amazing Ford Racing can make GT350 TB work. I have been talking to Tuners about using GT350 manifold or 2018 manifold. Then you hear cost of GT350 manifold over 1000 dollars DAH if you buy it from Ford Racing but at Ford dealer it 540 dollars or 344 for 2018 manifold. Now figure in cost of another CAI or go back to stock. I would like to use 2018 manifold but don't want to lose low side either. Most of the time we're street driving and in traffic. I've read post say oh you won't notice it and then turn around say I downshift more where before I didn't have too WOW. Seen Fords dyno sheets showing all 3 power packs but what do they look like with tuners play with them???? Would like to do long tube headers but with extreme Corsa catback have to change to sports mufflers.
Sponsored