Sponsored

FRPP Power Pack 2 upgrade path

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
Hello all,

I have a question about the upgrade path (if any) for the FRPP packs. Right now, I currently own a '17 GT with PP. I am looking at doing either a Power Pack 2 or a Power Pack 3. Currently, the edge is going to the power pack 2 because I think the midrange and low-range torque increases will better fit my current driving needs and I am not building a track car or anything like that. Yet.

My problem is, if I go in the direction of PP2, and I want to upgrade into the GT350 IM, how do I go about doing that? If you install the PP2, can you revert the tune back to stock? Is it just a matter of purchasing a GT350 IM and then going a custom tune route (seeing as how I already have the CAI and TB from the PP2)? Are there any gotchas that I might encounter if I go this route?
Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Pretty much. I don't think you can simply download Ford's PP3 tune (without buying everything), but if that doesn't matter, yes buy the GT350 manifold, revert back to stock, then use a new tuning tool to upload a custom tune. Reuse all the PP2 intake and throttle body parts.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
There's another way, but you would need some help (and of course it won't maintain your warranty).

- find someone with HPTuners locally
- pay $100 to buy the credits needed to flash a tune
- download your existing PP2 from the car
- download the PP3 tune from the HPT repository
- copy changes in PP3 tune to your existing tune
- flash PCM with new PP3 tune

I looked at the PP3 tune compared to my PP2 tune, and it's virtually identical besides the intake manifold volume (which I'm not even sure is part of the fueling/timing calculations) and the RPM limiter.
Sponsored