Front OEM Brake Pads

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Track event coming up. White Bear Lake price for front OEM pads is $260 plus $8 shipping. I seem to remember last time I bought pads, they were about $200. Did they go up? Anyone know of a better deal?
Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
They must have.

LMR has them with free shipping for $250.

MAP performance has DS2500s for $20 more..

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just got off the phone with White Bear Lake, $200 plus shipping, so they did go up in price. Phone orders are less then the ford parts website, so if anyone needs parts from White Bear Lake, I suggest you call.

I just ordered them instead of running all over the internet to save a bit more.

Thanks

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I just got off the phone with White Bear Lake, $200 plus shipping, so they did go up in price. Phone orders are less then the ford parts website, so if anyone needs parts from White Bear Lake, I suggest you call.

I just ordered them instead of running all over the internet to save a bit more.

Thanks
Thanks for the heads up. When I called in and ordered mine (earlier this year) they were ~$180 +shipping. So they've gone up a little.

Sponsored

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
That is great information considering the cost compared to the OEM. How long are you seeing them last?

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
You have them f & r?
Yes

That is great information considering the cost compared to the OEM. How long are you seeing them last?
Car has only 7k miles and the engine is done, so I have to wait until dealer gets back to me. Also, I misspoke, I have these:

Item: Power Stop 16-1718 Z16 Evolution Ceramic Clean Ride Scorched
Item: Power Stop 16-1853 Z16 Evolution Ceramic Clean Ride Scorched

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
I have the Power Stop PST-1853 Power Stop Track Day Brake Pads on my car. Did 3 track days with these pads and very happy with their performance. I ordered them from:
thebrakeguys.com

But inspected my brake discs and pads yesterday in preparation for the next event and noticed they use faster than OEM brake pads and I start to have micro cracks in the drilled rotors.

Not sure there is a relationship between the brake pads and the cracked rotors ?

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I can't recommend Raybestos pads enough. Better bite than stock and will last sooooooooo much longer. I swapped to a new set when I changed rotors because of some brake shutter that I had from a previous pad, but I put 6 days of abuse at tracks like COTA and Road Atlanta on my first set and they still look new.

I know @CSL has something like 2 full seasons on his set. Seriously, you won't find a better performance-to-value proposition.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm sticking with the stockers until I find out that I can brake better than the average "club racer" type of guy. I've surprised a lot of people with how competent my brakes are right from the factory. They're a great package.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have the Power Stop PST-1853 Power Stop Track Day Brake Pads on my car. Did 3 track days with these pads and very happy with their performance. I ordered them from:
thebrakeguys.com

But inspected my brake discs and pads yesterday in preparation for the next event and noticed they use faster than OEM brake pads and I start to have micro cracks in the drilled rotors.

Not sure there is a relationship between the brake pads and the cracked rotors ?
Have you ever infra red gunned your brakes before? Just curious.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR

Thanks
Thanks, I think I paid $230 shipped from another dealer that google produced. Was hoping to get a few spare sets at some sale prices somewhere this holiday season. Doubtful.
Sponsored