Sponsored

Front License plate bracket?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
My state doesn’t do the front plate bs, but I spend a lot of time in states that do and I see a lot of guys with the plate on the dash jammed into the base of the windshield.
states don’t require a front if your plate/car is registered to a state that does not require them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1- w/Roush phase 2
You guys on this forum have really helped me out, A LOT! It’s great to have a place like this to go for ideas and answers. I’ve posted numerous questions over the past few months since joining, and have always gotten a ton of useful and constructive feedback. I turned 60 over the summer and have been waiting for and wanting a Mustang every since I saw Steve McQueen in that sweet ’68 racing through SF in the movie Bullitt when I was 8 years old!
I put in my order to Ford a few days before my birthday in July, and originally was going to be happy with a stock GT Premium w/pp1 auto trans with the 401A option package and maybe throw in the active valve exhaust and a few other goodies...Then my son started hammering me about getting a Roush package. I told him I didn’t need that much power and we went round and round about until he finally said, Dad! You’ve been waiting for this car for 52 years...Go Big or go home! Lol. So I did. Thanks again guys!
This is Sheila...

7DB295D8-42C0-49B5-8AC2-57954EC97C50.jpeg

0103D547-F7E8-4BE4-A7A3-105ECDC2A000.jpeg

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Sto-n-Sho appliance on my 2018 GT PP1. It worked very well until that first careless exit of an unfamiliar driveway, which clamped the (empty at the time) mounting tubes closed. It took considerable time, drilling, and grinding to restore them to function. Otherwise a very good solution, in my opinion.

I removed the free factory licence plate bracket from the 2019 car and plugged the screw holes with little plastic push-pins. Doesn't look too bad on a dark car. Taking my chances going without a front plate in California, where some government entity recently rescinded the "Fix It Ticket" sort-of-automatic allowance. Suddenly it went from infraction to criminal offense. Holey Moley.

In my semi-conscious daydream state I imagine having simple access to the back of the plastic bumper cover the holes are in. I fantasize gluing or taping a couple or three very strong little magnets to the back of the cover, and covering the back of the license plate itself with sticky felt or some such. I'm confident the magnets are strong enough to hold the plate in place except for purposeful removal. Of course, my plates are stamped steel. you-all with aluminium plates might be able to attach some magnets to the back of your plates as well as the back of the bumper cover.

Question remains: How difficult is it to gain access to the back of the bumper cover?

GrayCarFVpalomarcropRotateDSCN7256c.jpg

GrayCarRRVPalomarDSCN7254.jpg

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Loveeee my Sto-N-Sho. Comes off quickly when not needed, stays put otherwise. I do wish they included more of a mounting bracket, since the one screw into plastic doesn't seem all that strong. A bit of unseen gorilla tape ensures the bracket hardware isn't backing out.

20201018_122604.jpg

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Frank and Reddirocket...nice looking rides! I’m still not sure which way I want to go with this front plate situation. Maybe if I didn’t have these Steeda springs I’d be more inclined to do the sto n sho option but I’m already sooo low in front....

Sponsored

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Frank and Reddirocket...nice looking rides! I’m still not sure which way I want to go with this front plate situation. Maybe if I didn’t have these Steeda springs I’d be more inclined to do the sto n sho option but I’m already sooo low in front....
The actual plate doesn't hang any lower than the splitter, just the two mounting slider pole things do, and even then, it's maybe half an inch total? You'll be alright 🙂

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I’ll definitely give it some thought. Thanks!
Jeff

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'd leave it off until forced to install the tag.
That's what I did. Drove around for over a year with no front plate and came across plenty of LEO's and never had a problem. Then I made the mistake of taking the car out during Covid when everyone was at home. 2 cops had nothing better to do than pull me over and give me a $180 ticket for not displaying a front plate.
So, Craig's bracket got installed. It's nice. Removal is quick and easy and no worries of ground clearance.

Last edited:

kodioneill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 GT Kona Blue
Been driving around for years with no front plate the other night I was road testing my Porsche 928 got pulled over about 1/2 mile from my house on a farm road. 200 dollar fine.

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Here's my only mod so far...$3 worth of suction cups.

plate.jpg

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Here's my only mod so far...$3 worth of suction cups.

plate.jpg
That won't cut it in many places, has to be 'as far forward and secured to the vehicle with no obstructions'. Many states have annual inspections and this would get you rejected....

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
going on 4 years.. cops have said shit about it

122230471_3452767198151554_6556869068785909115_o.jpg

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
That's what I did. Drove around for over a year with no front plate and came across plenty of LEO's and never had a problem. Then I made the mistake of taking the car out during Covid when everyone was at home. 2 cops had nothing better to do than pull me over and give me a $180 ticket for not displaying a front plate.
So, Craig's bracket got installed. It's nice. Removal is quick and easy and no worries of ground clearance.
I’m definitely leaning towards the Craig bracket, just not sure yet if it’s compatible with the Roush package I have. Thanks
Jeff

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I’m definitely leaning towards the Craig bracket, just not sure yet if it’s compatible with the Roush package I have. Thanks
Jeff
It will be. I don't think the Roush has a different bumper. The bracket sticks to the under side on the painted body colored part just above the lower grille. I'm sure if you contact Craig's they can confirm fitment.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
It will be. I don't think the Roush has a different bumper. The bracket sticks to the under side on the painted body colored part just above the lower grille. I'm sure if you contact Craig's they can confirm fitment.
Yes Sir, going to call him first chance I get. Btw is he west coast or east?
Sponsored