Front license plate bracket mounting

Mr.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 2019 Velocity Blue PP2
Living in Kali I don't need to be stopped for not having the front plate mounted. Anyone know the size hole to drill for the plastic rivets that mount the plate holder to the front bumper?
Sponsored

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
The dealer should have done that when you bought it, they are actually required to do it. Maybe just take it to them, they might have to do it if you ask. Do you have the plastic bracket thing that the plate mounts to? Sorry i can't help with a drill size though, Google may know. If i wasn't on my phone id search. If you bought the car privately, it may be up to you.

Ive been stopped for a front plate once in the last 20 years ive been driving. This was in San Francisco and i know i wasn't really stopped for the plate, they were fishing, or training. It was certainly BS(they were nice enough). They certainly should have better things to do IMO. I told them i knew i was supposed to have it when they asked, with a "well um yeah". Left with just a warning and a "get that front plate". This was in my old Acura, not the mustang.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
+1 for not drilling the bumper. Also driving where it's required but I didn't on my last 3 cars and wont on this one. Only ticket I've gotten for it was when I was parked legally lol. Other than that, it's just a fishing expedition the 2 or 3 times I've been pulled over in the last like 10 years. But if it concerns you, I'm also in the aftermarket bracket crowd.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Please don't ruin your bumper... if you insist on running a front plate then get a tow hook mount our an under the bumper mount. A guy at my office has one and it offsets the plate and doesnt require ruining the car...

Sponsored

GMB Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT, 16 Escape, 21 F250 (all Ruby Red)
Vehicle Showcase
If you need a front plate, then get one on there by whatever method you choose. AS a person Formerly associated with Law enforcement, a great number of people ( felons, Drug transporters, etc) are caught when they are stopped for traffic and equipment violations ( lights out, No plates or expired)

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I have never had a front plate on any of my CA vehicles and haven't been stopped in almost 30 years. Have had my front windows tinted dark as well, still nothing.
I'm not worried about a fix it ticket. I've got nothing to hide, they can pull me over anytime. I rarely drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs or carry guns that are not mine.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
If you need a front plate, then get one on there by whatever method you choose. AS a person Formerly associated with Law enforcement, a great number of people ( felons, Drug transporters, etc) are caught when they are stopped for traffic and equipment violations ( lights out, No plates or expired)
Okay... well so long as OP isnt running from the law..... no front plate should be fine.

Sponsored

Voluntearz_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/10R80
+1 for not drilling the bumper. I'm running the Sto-N-Show bracket for my front plate. Has a quick release pin if I want to take it off for car shows.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer asked me before I picked up my car and I said yes drill it... I guess I am one of those few who like factory brackets :p And still continue to have bumpers drilled. Well actually one benefit for me is my ZUS backup came is mounted on it as a front cam and the position is perfect to set up parking curb guidelines to tell me how far I can go in.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
+1 for not drilling the bumper. I'm running the Sto-N-Show bracket for my front plate. Has a quick release pin if I want to take it off for car shows.
And you could always use the old "I was in a car show over the weekend and I forgot to put it back on". Let me just fix that right now officer. Thanks for pointing it out.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Long time Cali res with many cars with no front plate - never been hassled. Plus, cops really don't care about fix-it-tickets that much. And I drive alot up to places like VV, AV, Barstow, etc.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Dealer asked me before I picked up my car and I said yes drill it... I guess I am one of those few who like factory brackets :p And still continue to have bumpers drilled. Well actually one benefit for me is my ZUS backup came is mounted on it as a front cam and the position is perfect to set up parking curb guidelines to tell me how far I can go in.
I've literally refused to buy cars over this and paid to have other cars bumpers filled and resprayed to fix it lol.
Sponsored