Sponsored

Front grill design with lights something different.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
No, no. I have a billet grill, not a Roush grill. Just letting him know the back of the grill doesn't need to come in contact with the front of the Big Mouth to stay in place. I think his Roush grill will work same way as mine is all.
Sponsored

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
No, no. I have a billet grill, not a Roush grill. Just letting him know the back of the grill doesn't need to come in contact with the front of the Big Mouth to stay in place. I think his Roush grill will work same way as mine is all.
Ah I see... Still great info to have, that picture is worth 1000 words. :thumbsup:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Too bad Velossa doesn't make the big mouths for the C/S grill.:(

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Too bad Velossa doesn't make the big mouths for the C/S grill.:(
In the near future, when I have enough time to get around a test fit I will modify the current design to fit the CS or EB grilles.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I guess I've been real slow, but I just saw the black wrinkle paint on your spark plug covers. that looks a lot better than I thought. I have 2 cans sitting around and I think I'm ready to take off the plastic dip since the red lettering didn't come out that well and it's dirty haha.

also, do you have any pictures of when you modified the air box with the stock snorkel? I'm about to do the same with mine since I'm doing the grill mod :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I guess I've been real slow, but I just saw the black wrinkle paint on your spark plug covers. that looks a lot better than I thought. I have 2 cans sitting around and I think I'm ready to take off the plastic dip since the red lettering didn't come out that well and it's dirty haha.

also, do you have any pictures of when you modified the air box with the stock snorkel? I'm about to do the same with mine since I'm doing the grill mod :D
The snorkel portion gets cut from the stock air box, cut it as long as possible. That will fit into the front grill which has an incert for it, and the other end goes into the air box where I made the cover and sleeve for it.

By the way I had plastyndipped my valve cover black, didn't like it stripped that and went white didn't like that and went crinkle black which I like:thumbsup:
IMG_1788.jpg
IMG_0838.jpg

Last edited:

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Why thank you kind sir. I think the Admin need to make you the Mod for the DIY section. That way you could make a sticky with all the DIY projects grouped up so it'd be easy to find what you're looking for. :thumbsup:

Didn't you live in NC? Just saw Maine.

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
This project was three fold, as I wanted first to design a closed airbox design for my Whipple setup and have a ram air true cold air coming from the front grill. While the bumper was off I also desided to change my grill screen. The grill mesh is from custom car grills 16x48" sheet and I purchase and cut to size. My air box was closed off using using double bubble and the stock snorkel was cut from the OE air box so it would connect into the grill and then connect to the Big mouth ram air. This system is complety closed off from the engine heat and takes air from the front drivers side rectangular grill opening. While I was at this project I decided I wanted color matched big mouth ram air and I wanted one on both sides to match and I also added an LED light to each for a night affect.

No only are my IAT 1 temps reduced significantly, but the look is something unique and functional.

Amazon LED lights white, different colors are available.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PBPI68/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wirring the LED lights is simple Both lights are wired to one headlight light grey wire with purple strip. Tap in right at to the headlight plug and connect the red LED wire to it. The black LED wire is grounded to frame.
a8edde4653378235e8a64634535d8af0_zpssibc9c6f.jpg
260b379b3c577b3607e64e3d46554046_zpsin06b4ig.jpg

I have some of these lights and they get fairly warm, have you noticed any ill effects being they are mounted into your plastic big mouth? Mine also have super small gauge wire exiting the light what did you use to splice? Did you add 18g to the leads? Looks great nicely done!

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I have some of these lights and they get fairly warm, have you noticed any ill effects being they are mounted into your plastic big mouth? Mine also have super small gauge wire exiting the light what did you use to splice? Did you add 18g to the leads? Looks great nicely done!
I have not run this on the road yet as winter here is still in full affect so I don't know about the heat, but I'm not worried it will spoil anything. Yes the wires coming off the light is thin gauge but I used 18g up to it.

And thanks for the props:cheers:

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT Premium PP
did you get the gloss black or the flat black grille from custom car grilles?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Bringing this back up. Hey Roh. Do you know if Whipple every finished their closed system you said they were working on? I know you talk to those guys quite a bit.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Bringing this back up. Hey Roh. Do you know if Whipple every finished their closed system you said they were working on? I know you talk to those guys quite a bit.
No progress on that front, they are so busy right now. When Dustin had showed me the design he mentioned it was planed for release in 2018.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
No progress on that front, they are so busy right now. When Dustin had showed me the design he mentioned it was planed for release in 2018.
Yikes. Well I'm at the point where all my power mods are done so I want to start working on reducing the under hood heat and IATs. I think I'll be doing your airbox and bigmouth intake mod when I do the new heat exchanger. :cheers:

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Yikes. Well I'm at the point where all my power mods are done so I want to start working on reducing the under hood heat and IATs. I think I'll be doing your airbox and bigmouth intake mod when I do the new heat exchanger. :cheers:
Excellent, and you may also want to look into the doing the Roush heat extractors with enlarged openings for more heat transfer.
Sponsored