Lennard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lennard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hello,

I'm moving to Europe this summer and I'm taking my 2019 Mustang Bullitt with me. In Europe it is not authorized to have orange lights in the front of the vehicle, so I need to disable the front parking lights. :frown:

Does anyone have an idea how to disable the orange front parking lights using Forscan? I tried to set
726-24-01, xxxx xx*x from 0 to 3. (Right Front Position Lamp / Left Front Position Lamp - Inhibit) but that did not do much.

Any suggestions would be helpfull!
Sponsored

vincentjm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
You can't.

The way most importers do it is by simply disconnecting the two cables responsible for the amber lights and tapping the outer bulb wire into the turn signal wire, making both bulbs act as the turn signal.

Or just switch the bulbs out for switchback ones, that are white.
Or do it like me, leave them orange, like they're meant to be, and act like you don't know shit if you get stopped by the cops.

Also, can't speak for all of Europe but here in Switzerland you're allowed to have one amber light per side in the front (Our S550's have 2 per side, that's the issue. Could also just cut the outer marker light wire.).
I'd say most countries, except for Switzerland, Germany, and Austria, don't bat an eye if they see a Mustang with amber lights up front.

Also get rid of any mods you have on your car before you drive through these three aforementioned countries. Especially Switzerland. Cops see a "cool" car, you're getting stopped and they search for modifications.

By the way, the red sequential turn signals are illegal in Europe except for Switzerland afaik.

Cheers

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Or do it like me, leave them orange, like they're meant to be, and act like you don't know shit if you get stopped by the cops.
Cheers

That's funny as hell, I want to add got stopped on a Harley with drag pipes. Cop says the bike was loud.
Told him, just bought it from Harley. Followed up with , would Harley sell me an illegal bike ?

He bid my good bye, sometimes the less said the said.

OP good luck over seas, changing bulbs most likely the best option .

OP
OP
Lennard

Lennard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lennard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Or just switch the bulbs out for switchback ones, that are white.
Thanks. But it seems like I do not even have bulbs to change out. The 2018 and up cars have fogs, park lights and turn signals all integrated in one housing with multiple LED's. These lights are controlled by the BCM so there must be a way to disable them with Forscan.

I'm moving to the Netherlands and need to pass an inspection to obtain my plates. Can't leave them orange or I will fail the inspection. The sequential turn signals are allowed, so that's no issue.
I had to install a rear fog light, which I already did. The only thing left to change is these orange lights.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. But it seems like I do not even have bulbs to change out. The 2018 and up cars have fogs, park lights and turn signals all integrated in one housing with multiple LED's. These lights are controlled by the BCM so there must be a way to disable them with Forscan.

I'm moving to the Netherlands and need to pass an inspection to obtain my plates. Can't leave them orange or I will fail the inspection. The sequential turn signals are allowed, so that's no issue.
I had to install a rear fog light, which I already did. The only thing left to change is these orange lights.

LED, game changer, I would try contacting Ford, sorry I could not be of help. What about turn signals in general. What do they expect someone to do for signals if the manufactures offer the amber only. WTF ?

V. VVVVVVV
This suggest, the the LED might be replaceable ?

https://www.carid.com/2018-ford-mustang-turn-signal-lights/
Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 8.55.34 PM.png

What the heck got nothing to loose ?
Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 8.53.10 PM.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lennard

Lennard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lennard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
LED, game changer, I would try contacting Ford, sorry I could not be of help. What about turn signals in general. What do they expect someone to do for signals if the manufactures offer the amber only. WTF ?

V. VVVVVVV
This suggest, the the LED might be replaceable ?

https://www.carid.com/2018-ford-mustang-turn-signal-lights/
Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 8.55.34 PM.png

What the heck got nothing to loose ?
Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 8.53.10 PM.png
The turn signals are no issue, they are allowed to be amber. The way I understand it, no other amber lights (besides turn signals) are allowed.

I looked at the link you sent me. While it looks like the bulbs can be replaced at first, once you select ā€˜view detailsā€™, it shows you a diffferent light unit without any bulbs.

I just checked at my vehicle. There is only one connector to each lamp unit with 5 different wires. Iā€™m planning to de-pin the wires one by one to see which one is for the parking lights and leave that one disconnected. Still I prefer to disable them through Forscan, but I think this is the next best thing until I obtain the coding.

thanks!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Found the same, the reason I sent the contact list. De-pin it is then, proving once again there is more then on way to skin a cat.

One thing for sure you'll be driving the coolest car in town, in the new town...

OP
OP
Lennard

Lennard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lennard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Found the same, the reason I sent the contact list. De-pin it is then, proving once again there is more then on way to skin a cat.

One thing for sure you'll be driving the coolest car in town, in the new town...
I found another thread about this which provided the right terminal numbers here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...g-running-light-assembly.132859/#post-2911437

This saved me the time to de-pin the wires one-by-one.
I removed the terminals from the BCM side and now the amber parking lights are off, and the rear parking lights and turn signals are still working properly.

The car is ready to get shipped!
Thanks!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I found another thread about this which provided the right terminal numbers here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...g-running-light-assembly.132859/#post-2911437

This saved me the time to de-pin the wires one-by-one.
I removed the terminals from the BCM side and now the amber parking lights are off, and the rear parking lights and turn signals are still working properly.

The car is ready to get shipped!
Thanks!
Lennard,
Hey great news:thumbsup: .... little less stress is always good. Learning such a level of knowledge is found on the site, another plus.

Got some great folks out here building it.

Greg

Happy trails to you ... check in when you get settled.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey OP, go to F150forum.com , then to the 'Late model F-150s' forum, and there's a FORScan sticky at the top. On the first post you'd find an extremely comprehensive updated FORScan spreadsheet. I'm pretty sure the BCMs are nearly identical in all Ford vehicles, so just go to the 'BCM' tab at the bottom, and read the description of each ID, and I'm sure you'll find what you need to change. It absolutely has to be there, since Ford sells cars in Europe. No need to do any more draconian changes just for that IMO. Hope this helps, and please keep us posted.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lennard

Lennard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lennard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hey OP, go to F150forum.com , then to the 'Late model F-150s' forum, and there's a FORScan sticky at the top. On the first post you'd find an extremely comprehensive updated FORScan spreadsheet. I'm pretty sure the BCMs are nearly identical in all Ford vehicles, so just go to the 'BCM' tab at the bottom, and read the description of each ID, and I'm sure you'll find what you need to change. It absolutely has to be there, since Ford sells cars in Europe. No need to do any more draconian changes just for that IMO. Hope this helps, and please keep us posted.
Yeah I looked at that spreadsheet over and over, but did not find what I was looking for. I used the spreadsheet for some other coding and find it very helpful, but I canā€™t find anything on how to disable the parking lights. I even asked the question on the F-150 forum, but no one seems to know how to do it.

Disconnecting the two wires from the BCM had the same result. But if someone know what code to change, Iā€™ll re-connect the wires and give it a try.

Cheers.

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
The Netherlands is AWESOME! I loved my 4 years there and have been trying to get back ever since!

What will you be doing there? I found out about a treaty America and the Netherlands have called the Dutch-American friendship treaty...if things don't turn around I might have to go that route!

You're a lucky man, enjoy it! Dutch people are the best people I've ever met!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
red sequential turn signals are illegal in Europe except for Switzerland afaik.
It's easy to undo that with FORScan (I did right away. Find them gimmicky). Here's the code, if somebody else needs it: BCMB 7B7-03-01 x0xx xxxx xx.

Disconnecting the two wires from the BCM had the same result.
Hey, how exactly did you do that, and how easy was it? Many folks don't like those orange parking lights. I'm not going to mess with them, but curious what's involved :). Glad you're car is ready for its new country:). Good luck.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sotiris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang v6 2017
It's easy to undo that with FORScan (I did right away. Find them gimmicky). Here's the code, if somebody else needs it: BCMB 7B7-03-01 x0xx xxxx xx.

Hey, how exactly did you do that, and how easy was it? Many folks don't like those orange parking lights. I'm not going to mess with them, but curious what's involved :). Glad you're car is ready for its new country:). Good luck.
Hello everybody, and one question, what is the code when you want to turn them on again???
Sponsored