Sponsored

Front facing parking camera

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
I feel your pain, that's why I always back into a parking spot. It's also safer when leaving said spot as some people have this tendancy to think that a parking lot is a race course, backing out of a parking spot can be dangerous to our stangs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
OK, American Muscle just added to their new products a plug and play front alarm/camera by Raxiom that will work with your screen. I have gotten many things from them over the years and have always been very satisfied. Also love there show and have gone for years. (Toot my horn moment. Last year I won best in show for 15-18 something I never would have guessed could happened. I was told there was over 1000 cars in that class.) I must say I am a little disappointed with them on this item. The description states install in about 1 hour, when I called to see if that was right I was told there were no install directions. I don't know about you but it takes me about an hour just to add a decal and get it right let alone something this complicated. I said how can you sell it without install directions. They agreed that that was not good so they are researching it right now. I will update if I get them.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
OK, American Muscle just added to their new products a plug and play front alarm/camera by Raxiom that will work with your screen. I have gotten many things from them over the years and have always been very satisfied. Also love there show and have gone for years. (Toot my horn moment. Last year I won best in show for 15-18 something I never would have guessed could happened. I was told there was over 1000 cars in that class.) I must say I am a little disappointed with them on this item. The description states install in about 1 hour, when I called to see if that was right I was told there were no install directions. I don't know about you but it takes me about an hour just to add a decal and get it right let alone something this complicated. I said how can you sell it without install directions. They agreed that that was not good so they are researching it right now. I will update if I get them.
The installation package looks totally different from the mustang front end image, shows that the camera is a front license plate bracket system, not a bracket for lower grill and for those without a front license plate frame, then you got to do DIY stuff to it if it turns out to be true.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The camera can be mounted in the grill

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

prostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
American Muscle has next to no useful information on this product other than it causes cancer and reproductive harm to residents of California. I've tried asking some questions too without response.

Primarily:
  • Is it compatible with safe and smart?
  • How does it activate?

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I don't get why people have the obsession for parking so close to the curb. Is this some kind of mind games you guys play?
I leave a 12 inch gap from the curb. Like why park so close to the curb when you know you might bump into it?
I've never driven a car that is as hard to tell where the front end is as this one. It's harder to judge surrounds with this car than with a large SUV. Often I have way more room than I think.

Plus with a turning radius almost as bad as a 1990s Saturn it would be helpful with tight multi-point turns. It's simple enough technology to add these days.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
American Muscle has next to no useful information on this product other than it causes cancer and reproductive harm to residents of California. I've tried asking some questions too without response.

Primarily:
  • Is it compatible with safe and smart?
  • How does it activate?
I did get installation instructions from American Muscle. Seems not too bad.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I did get installation instructions from American Muscle. Seems not too bad.
Any word on Safe and Smart and screen activation? I'll see if I can find the actual location of the radar sensor.

Sponsored

ROKN 5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt convertible
So anyone have any luck hooking up a camera to front and viewing thru factory screen

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Seems like someone in Germany managed to fit the 180 deg front camera system with Split-View from the Ford Explorer into the Mustang:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://auto-hentzschel.de/collections/elektronik-mustang-2018/products/frontkamera-mit-split-view-technologie

Any idea which parts are needed for this?

Camera looks like the 2016 2017 2018 Ford Explorer Front Grille Camera GB5Z-19G490-B
I’m wondering if they used Forscan or something similar to activate it via the SYNC screen once the cam was installed?

That would be a great addition since it’s all factory parts!

Any more info on that, like an actual install thread?

prostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I'm guessing that they equip the BodyCommand module with a different software and thus teach the Mustang to process the signals from the front parking sensors.

Since the BCM is also responsible for PATS (immobiliser) and the administration of the Keyless Entry/Go keys, all keys have to be re-learned after the software update, which is stated in the ad as well.

ryanr24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I’m wondering if they used Forscan or something similar to activate it via the SYNC screen once the cam was installed?

That would be a great addition since it’s all factory parts!

Any more info on that, like an actual install thread?
The last time I was in FORScan on my gt350 I did see an option for a front camera.