Sponsored

FP Plugs vs Denso

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Do you agree that E3 have more than one product?
How relevant is a product from 2010 to a product from 2022?
I'm sure something has changed in a decade.
Pyrotek E3 LLC is an importer of spark plugs from China.
So yea I have reservations on imported from China gimmicky spark plugs where the only registered address is an east coast Florida office suite and product return address is a PO Box.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
When Big Joe Sherman states something caused a power loss the calendar date becomes irrelevant.
4 horsepower? That's not even outside the statistical error of any dyno. You could take the same exact car and start a dyno run from the same conditions and temps and end up being 4 hp apart. I'm not defending any brand or product here, but if we're avoiding a product, a 4 hp "loss" isn't exactly compelling.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
4 horsepower? That's not even outside the statistical error of any dyno. You could take the same exact car and start a dyno run from the same conditions and temps and end up being 4 hp apart. I'm not defending any brand or product here, but if we're avoiding a product, a 4 hp "loss" isn't exactly compelling.
Yeah in all honesty I get the point about the +/-% from pull to pull but we are talking a controlled closed cell engine testing Dyno when referring to the late Joe Sherman. This isn’t chassis roller Dyno testing which 99% of M6G forum users are exposed to.
Joe Sherman was an ambassador to the racing engine community. He was no B/S and shared his knowledge.

For those who don’t recognize the name Big Joe Sherman;
https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/hdrp-0607-joe-sherman-built-ford-windsor/amp/

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Not trying to say E3 is better than any other. just trying to say that it is as good. at half the price

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yeah in all honesty I get the point about the +/-% from pull to pull but we are talking a controlled closed cell engine testing Dyno when referring to the late Joe Sherman. This isn’t chassis roller Dyno testing which 99% of M6G forum users are exposed to.
Joe Sherman was an ambassador to the racing engine community. He was no B/S and shared his knowledge.

For those who don’t recognize the name Big Joe Sherman;
https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/hdrp-0607-joe-sherman-built-ford-windsor/amp/
Firstly, 4% on a 500 hp motor isn't even 1%. Secondly, I don't care if it's a roller or a hub dyno or an engine dyno, ALL instruments have a measurement error to them. Thirdly, all dynos are reading based upon CALCULATIONS referencing temperature, humidity, pressure, etc, as well as time and force/resistance. Whether it's SAE or STD, the correction factor alone has an error factor.

I don't care how much of an expert someone is, 4hp is not compelling. I suppose if they ran the same motor under similar conditions a "significant" amount of pulls (i.e. greater than 30) and then ran the same motor with swapped plugs the number of times and did a regression they could with a CONFIDENCE INTERVAL claim an average drop in power production (i.e. a 95% chance the average reduction is = or greater than 4 hp) but again, I'm betting they didn't do that. 4 hp on a race level power plant isn't outside the realm of chalking it up to measurement error.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Pyrotek E3 LLC is an importer of spark plugs from China.
So yea I have reservations on imported from China gimmicky spark plugs where the only registered address is an east coast Florida office suite and product return address is a PO Box.
To each his own.

I actually don't care if it comes for China, Mexico, Tiwan, or Japan. The US, has gone in the way of having tons of shit manufactured overseas, sometimes even pawning it off as made in America. Hell parts of this car we drive is manufactured outside of the US. I can't be concerned with that. If it performs well and costs half the price of it's competition then so be it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah exactly. In 2020 Ford switched to a heat range 7 plug and before that they used a heat range 6 plug.

If they were released with the 2018 CobraJet then they're probably 7s or what the engines are coming with now from the factory. But who knows because they didn't publish the heat range for these.

Whipple is recommending a heat range 8 plug now for supercharged applications.
Digging this thread up to ask how you figured out what heat range each plug was? I thought it was the first number because they're all 5. The newest revision of plug is sp-589 now and it shows up in owners manuals online for 18-23.

Only thing I could dig up was NGK's site, there's a discrepancy there in the equivalent plug starting in 2020, where it goes to a range 7 from a 6 (funny given NGK obviously makes the SP-589). But it's annoying that Motorcraft themselves doesn't list a heat range anywhere.
Sponsored

Last edited: