corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
That thing is huge money. The FP looks to just be a module flash.
For the person who's already enough less than fully satisfied with base or PP1-level MR tuning to think about upgrading the programming for it . . . isn't there some chance that he might not be fully happy with the PP2 calibration either?

Is the Ridetech device a repackaged DSC Sport controller or is it a separately developed controller?

Norm
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
For the person who's already enough less than fully satisfied with base or PP1-level MR tuning to think about upgrading the programming for it . . . isn't there some chance that he might not be fully happy with the PP2 calibration either?

Is the Ridetech device a repackaged DSC Sport controller or is it a separately developed controller?

Norm
Ridetech is a whole new controller, not a flash. Last I looked, I think the pricing was like $2k.
I am not dissatisfied with magneride, but I would love to get the most aggressive tuning for the money. If I could just pay a couple hundred to get more out of my stock system, that would be better. I already have Steeda ultimate handling springs, adjustable front camber plates, and front links ready to go in.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Ridetech is a whole new controller, not a flash. Last I looked, I think the pricing was like $2k.
DSC is claiming around $1300 - $1400 for theirs, and it is also a separate controller.

I am not dissatisfied with magneride, but I would love to get the most aggressive tuning for the money. If I could just pay a couple hundred to get more out of my stock system, that would be better.
I guess my question becomes "will a Ford-developed PP2-level reflash be good enough"?

Norm

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
DSC is claiming around $1300 - $1400 for theirs, and it is also a separate controller.

I guess my question becomes "will a Ford-developed PP2-level reflash be good enough"?

Norm
My current setup is good enough to play on a track, but things could always be better. $1400 is way more than I want to spend on damper control. If we estimate $300 for ford springs, $100 for stoppers, and $300 for sway kit, that makes the ECU program $269 in the package cost. I think that is completely worth increasing the aggressiveness of the magneride system. I also know little about the Ridetech canned tunes. They may suck compared to a Ford developed sport tune. I think the key benefit to that new controller, is being able to self tune on the fly. I don't spend enough time on the track to do that.

codesx100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I've heard ppl rave and complain about the DSC controller. I think it's perfect for strictly track cars. I'm assuming RideTech applied their own tune?

I'd rather go with this simply because of what you get for under 1k. That extra 400 can go towards a Steeda stop the hop kit or BMR's CB005 and new IRS brace kit.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 5.0 GT
Is there anyone who has purchased and installed this kit and if so can You share your findings ?

Personally I am very interested in buying and installing this kit on my 5.0 GT -18 PP1. However I have not been able to find a reseller that has the kit in their web shop. No luck with for instance Lethal Performance, CJ Pony Parts, American Muscle or Beefcake. So if anyone has purchased this kit I would also be interested to know from where and what your buyer experience was.

codesx100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
LMR just put it on their site a week or 2 ago, so I think it just came out or is coming out soon.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Just did a chat with Ford Performance and confirmed that the Vehicle Dynamics Module (VDM) software update device is not available by itself, only in the package including M-5300-W springs (already have those installed) and the sway bars. I'm happy with the way mine handles so at this point I'll wait until I have some HPDE time before I change anything else.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
What a world we live in where you can not only flash your engine and transmission tune but now your suspension parameters as well.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase