FP Magneride Upgrade

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Maybe I missed this, but did a search and couldn't find it.

Anyway, looks like FP is offering an upgrade package for Magneride cars including PP2 level ride tuning. At least that how I interpret it based on their statement that PP2 level cars would just use the bars and springs.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Does seem like that based on how I'm reading it as well.

@Performance nut this may be of interest to you...I know you were looking for braking mostly, but this is for the MR.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Does seem like that based on how I'm reading it as well.

@Performance nut this may be of interest to you...I know you were looking for braking mostly, but this is for the MR.
Unfortunately I don't have Magneride. Glad to see they did something.

Not to derail the OP's thread but I went ahead and upgraded to the PP calipers. Well worth it.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Subscribed - very curious to see what is being done to tune the MR system - and what could be done as well. I may not ever run PP2 size wheels/tires on my EBPP, but I'd like to end up with what an EBPP2 might have been if it was made. Just have to decide how far off the deep end I want to go for any given class I'd hope to autoX in one of these days.

Sponsored

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
Ridetech has a magneride module you can buy. Has parameters preset or you can customize it.

codesx100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Pretty good package imo. Probably worth picking up for PP1 if the tuning can be sold separately that would be perfect.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Ohhh my interesting indeed. I have the springs already installed. Wonder if it is possible to get the software separately and just add the swaybars
Same here, got the springs, definitely interested in the sway bars, jounce bumpers, and MagneRide Performance Pack VDM Software Upgrade.

OP
OP
2018OFPP1?2

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Ohhh my interesting indeed. I have the springs already installed. Wonder if it is possible to get the software separately and just add the swaybars
How did the springs affect the street ride quality? I'm interested in the springs and bars also.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like FP is offering the tuning as a standalone option right now.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, got the springs, definitely interested in the sway bars, jounce bumpers, and MagneRide Performance Pack VDM Software Upgrade.
are the bouncers really needed? Everything has to be taken apart in order to install those right?

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
How did the springs affect the street ride quality? I'm interested in the springs and bars also.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like FP is offering the tuning as a standalone option right now.
Honestly I have not driven my car stock, I let the dealer install the springs, cb005, diff bushing kit and the 20" before I picked up the car.
With that said I hsve nothing to complain about regarding the ride quality. With magneride in Normal it behaves really well considering the springs and larger wheels/tires.

There is road noise though but that I believe has to do with the wider tires and also not sure how much is diff-noise due to the diff bushings....

Last edited:

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If that works for the Ecoboost I may have to look into it as I get more serious with autocross

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Ditto

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Ridetech has a magneride module you can buy. Has parameters preset or you can customize it.
That thing is huge money. The FP looks to just be a module flash.
Sponsored