Installed FP M-5300-W magneride springs and J&M camber plates today

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
The front came down ~12mm and looks perfect. The rear stayed exactly where it was. The car looks uneven now. The factory isolators/locators were reused and everything is installed properly.
Anyone experience that?
I can't imagine it'll get much better unless the fronts stay put and the rears settle noticeably. Disappointed right now.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The rear won't settle until you 'clock the bushings', i.e. loosen and tighten all of the rubber bushing pivots with the car resting at ride height. An alignment lift is the easiest place to do that.

This is a critical step that people don't realize needs to be done to adjust ride height on these cars.

OP
OP
wtb6mtv8rwd

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
The rear won't settle until you 'clock the bushings', i.e. loosen and tighten all of the rubber bushing pivots with the car resting at ride height. An alignment lift is the easiest place to do that.

This is a critical step that people don't realize needs to be done to adjust ride height on these cars.
Great tip!

Went ahead and put a full tank in the car and removed the preload from all the suspension bushings.
It's a little better but the front is still noticeably lower than the rear.

OP
OP
wtb6mtv8rwd

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Not a precise measurement by any means but just to give a visual idea; you can see how the front came down by over a full finger+ whereas the rear didn't move much.

Before:

before.jpg

After:

after.JPG
Sponsored