Sponsored

Four door Mustang?!?

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
They have never had a 4-door with the engines, drivetrain, and suspension of the modern Mustang
That description sounds a lot like the last Falcon, doesn't it? They also had a couple of other engine choices, like that nifty 4.0 turbo.
Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
This isn't the first time, and I'm not the only one to say it:
Call it a Falcon.

They may not own the Falcon trademark in the USA any more, but they could probably get it back.
And they might still own the trademark in Australia, where they made their own Falcons from 1960 to 2016.

If someone else owns the trademark in the USA, and Ford really can't get the Falcon name back,
they could totally call it a Cougar.

Calling a 4-door "Mustang" only makes sense if Ford believes "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
That description sounds a lot like the last Falcon, doesn't it? They also had a couple of other engine choices, like that nifty 4.0 turbo.
OK. I should have said in recent history. The overwhelming majority of current Ford customers have not driven or had the opportunity to drive a 4-door sedan that was essentially a "Mustang" underneath. Using anything other than the Mustang name for such a vehicle would likely be interpreted by many as bringing back the Fusion or Taurus, which would contradict Ford's decision to discontinue all cars, except the Mustang.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
They have never had a 4-door with the engines, drivetrain, and suspension of the modern Mustang
I was referring to them having a sport sedan. Putting those parts into a modern Taurus seems like a much more feasible idea then to label it as a "Mustang".

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I was referring to them having a sport sedan. Putting those parts into a modern Taurus seems like a much more feasible idea then to label it as a "Mustang".
Have to disagree. Since Ford already made a very public decision to discontinue all cars except the Mustang, rolling out a modern Taurus at this juncture would be an awkward PR mistake.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Have to disagree. Since Ford already made a very public decision to discontinue all cars except the Mustang, rolling out a modern Taurus at this juncture would be an awkward PR mistake.
Not as awkward as a electric SUV named "Mustang"

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Not in my barn, look like a Taurus
th.jpg
s

th-2.jpg

Last edited:

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
A 4D Mustang is great for the American market. Something Ford has missed completely compared to other North American brands.

Calling it mustang or not doesn’t concern me one bit. As long as you can make it powerful, a 4D mustang would be awesome.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
A 4D Mustang is great for the American market. Something Ford has missed completely compared to other North American brands.

Calling it mustang or not doesn’t concern me one bit. As long as you can make it powerful, a 4D mustang would be awesome.

Oh man that is just SO wrong in SO many ways ...If I have to explain it would not be understood anyways .

Rock on

Ponykixx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Ford had an early 4 door Mustang concept
and the Falcon

C558CB28-5FD5-459D-BA34-6408437A06C3.jpeg

D17A0D14-2611-4F06-B4AF-48BB9201868D.jpeg