forscan on stereo

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I am going to install an amp myself on the factory head unit. It will save me a lot of money. I have heard people tweaking forscan settings to optimize the sound. Is the difference in sound major? Can someone share the tweaks?
Sponsored

McSkillet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1, 2015 Holden Commodore (Chevy SS)
I am going to install an amp myself on the factory head unit. It will save me a lot of money. I have heard people tweaking forscan settings to optimize the sound. Is the difference in sound major? Can someone share the tweaks?
From what I've found the factory head unit is set to flat and all EQ adjustments are done with an aftermarket component(s) prior to the amp(s).
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/forscan-eq.171493/

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I can only speak for what others have tried. Disabling the EQ was reported to work to provide a fuller spectrum of sound to all channels. Whether that could be heard exclusively as increased bass on the factory rear speakers could be debated. But those that used these rear speaker outputs to feed an aftermarket subwoofer with an EQ delete said the bass was better.
On my system I have disabled the EQ and my DSP reports that the signal is flat (need no correction) going INTO the OEM amplifier. If the OEM amplifier is further attenuating the bass response on the rear I would have no way to know as I removed the OEM amp and rear speakers from my system.
All I can say after all this rambling is... try turning the EQ off. If you don't like the result revert it back to what it was. There is also something called an Epicenter that Audio Control sells. This is specifically for restoring lost bass from rolled off signal outputs.

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Very good info thanks. Not going for anything earth shattering just a 50 x 4 amp

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
@Evolvd and @StangTime might have some experience here as well.
I messaged both
I can only speak for what others have tried. Disabling the EQ was reported to work to provide a fuller spectrum of sound to all channels. Whether that could be heard exclusively as increased bass on the factory rear speakers could be debated. But those that used these rear speaker outputs to feed an aftermarket subwoofer with an EQ delete said the bass was better.
On my system I have disabled the EQ and my DSP reports that the signal is flat (need no correction) going INTO the OEM amplifier. If the OEM amplifier is further attenuating the bass response on the rear I would have no way to know as I removed the OEM amp and rear speakers from my system.
All I can say after all this rambling is... try turning the EQ off. If you don't like the result revert it back to what it was. There is also something called an Epicenter that Audio Control sells. This is specifically for restoring lost bass from rolled off signal outputs.
Thanks

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
You are missing the point. The idea is to remove all factory programming and to gain a flat line out signal. Several lines need editing.

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I would like to learn what needs to be edited. I would like to know what to be expected sound from my relative mild amp

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
It has to be in combination with your amp settings and it may take a few tries to get it right. There is no standard for every vehicle because there are at least a dozen variations over the years.
Sponsored