Forscan - Halt and Disable Adaptive Learning Transmission Options

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I’ve had my turned back on for close to a week now. Car definitely is smoother overall with normal driving but less aggressive in sport+
Ya im almost feeling the fact it drives great with it off and shitty with it on, and that most CDF drum failures are at like 40k plus, im starting to think the CDF issue is not whats going on. Feels like a tuning thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I hate the inconsistency and harshness of the skip shifts. 3-5 is still too harsh, and I can pretty much feel whenever my car shifts into 8th as well. I’ve seen people say a tune and disabling skip shift made their car much smoother and I believe it. When it goes from 3-4-5 it’s way smoother than 3-5 skip shift

Tank.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'18 F150, '22 Bronco 2dr, '23 Mustang
I cleared the tables and halted the learning. It’s been driving more “normal” for the past few hundred miles. Still not great, it‘s more like my f150 now, clunky, but works.

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I cleared the tables and halted the learning. It’s been driving more “normal” for the past few hundred miles. Still not great, it‘s more like my f150 now, clunky, but works.
I think a tune + disabling skip shift is the most permanent solution to the harsh/weird shifts under normal driving. Unfortunately that voids you warranty if you’re still covered of course. It’s crazy that they still didn’t fix the shift issues even in 2023 models

Sponsored

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I think a tune + disabling skip shift is the most permanent solution to the harsh/weird shifts under normal driving. Unfortunately that voids you warranty if you’re still covered of course. It’s crazy that they still didn’t fix the shift issues even in 2023 models
And obviously this is if you aren’t low on fluid/don’t have any mechanical failures with your 10R80

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
So I was driving in snow/wet earlier and never realized just how much smoother it is than normal mode. Snow/wet doesn’t skip shift.. I’m 100% certain a tune and turning off ship shift would make the car drive way better in normal mode. Shame on Ford

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Have just made the changes, reset the transmission settings and halted Adaptive Learning, wont have a chance to drive the car for a while, will post up the results in a week or so.
Did the disabling help your 3/2/1 issues? Other than that this is a very fun car to drive.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
No unfortunately not.
other than the 3/2/1 I live the drivetrain in my car. Unfortunately I have zero confidence in any of my local Ford Service Departments. I was gonna pay a transmission shop $100 to check my fluid but if I need the TCM update they cannot help. I was hoping more miles would help but it’s still there. All other upshifts and downshifts are good and 90% of the time 3/2/1 is smooth regardless of temperature so I doubt its the fluid level. So frustrating

Sponsored

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Yes, I topped up the transmission with 1 quart of oil time ago with no noticeable change, to the 3,2, 1 downshifts.
Only options now are an aftermarket tune or as a long shot hold out a while longer and see if the S650 factory transmission tunning has improved and hope that Ford release a software update with similar tunning for S550 owners.

At the very least if S650 10R80 tuning is improved the aftermarket tuners may be able to copy some of the tuning parameters to the S550 in the coming months.

Last edited:

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
This video from 18.20 onwards provides some hope for better 10R80 tuning options in the future.

Last edited:

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/ Black Accent Pkg
Just an a quick update a few hundred miles later… absolutely no changes.
No more adaptive learning bs. Sports mode is a beast and is how a sports mode should be. Before my sports mode was super harsh on every single upshift pretty much no matter what and would be desperate to upshift early. Now it’s way smoother with less “aggressive” driving and a complete monster and very rev happy when you give it gas.

Normal mode is more responsive, before it was an absolute joke how I could apply throttle and nothing would happen. But I will say normal mode shifts a little harder than it did before overall. There’s way less skip shifting on lower gears and doesn’t feel like it’s gear hunting 24/7 anymore
I’m gonna take my A10 in to try and rule out mechanical issues again, but if there’s nothing mechanically wrong, I’m doing what you did. I’m sick of this thing “learning” to chew itself up and drive like a clunker.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I hate the inconsistency and harshness of the skip shifts. 3-5 is still too harsh, and I can pretty much feel whenever my car shifts into 8th as well. I’ve seen people say a tune and disabling skip shift made their car much smoother and I believe it. When it goes from 3-4-5 it’s way smoother than 3-5 skip shift
Wengerd turned that off on mine and it shifts through the gears smooth as glass. Love it now without the skip shift.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,