KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Could be. Looking at his log shift pressure was 30% low, which cooked the clutches . ran good prior. So can't say 100%.
Is he tuned? How did you check this?
Sponsored

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Could be. Looking at his log shift pressure was 30% low, which cooked the clutches . ran good prior. So can't say 100%.
Well fuck. Did you happen to check pressures prior?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Yes. The log

I did not.

Just thought I'd get it out there just in case there's something too it.
So keep a careful eye on yer 10R80's.
How long after disabling did it happen?

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
That’s crazy, I’ve had zero issues with mine.
Most likely because I’m on a stock tune, I’ve been beating on this car more than ever since I turned off the learning at the end of last month. But now I’ll make sure to turn them back on if I do end up getting a tune in the future

Last edited:

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
60 160 miles or so.
Damn that's fast. Guess I could try and replicate it since Ford said there's a problem and already planned to rebuild it lol

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Damn that's fast. Guess I could try and replicate it since Ford said there's a problem and already planned to rebuild it lol
At about 1900 miles since I did mine *knock on flimsy 10R80*

Last edited:

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
You been wot much?
Pretty much every day.. especially earlier today lol. My car drives fantastic with aggressive driving. I think if your car is tuned and your shift points/firmness are altered then turning off this adaptive learning crap may not be a good idea apparently. But it’s ridiculously stupid that Ford designed it this way to begin with

Sponsored

Tank.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'18 F150, '22 Bronco 2dr, '23 Mustang
I think I'll do that too! Joking. But I have a brand new '23 with 150 miles on it. Super hard shift from 3-4 and 4-5 when in sport or sport+ with light throttle. Bought it with this condition, it had 34 miles on it but I didn't realize it until after I purchased. I was told that this qualifies for TSB 23-2250, which is basically a rebuild. But I was hoping to avoid that by wiping the tables and turning the adaptive learning off. Jeez...

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I think I'll do that too! Joking. But I have a brand new '23 with 150 miles on it. Super hard shift from 3-4 and 4-5 when in sport or sport+ with light throttle. Bought it with this condition, it had 34 miles on it but I didn't realize it until after I purchased. I was told that this qualifies for TSB 23-2250, which is basically a rebuild. But I was hoping to avoid that by wiping the tables and turning the adaptive learning off. Jeez...
That’s odd, I thought the harshness was somewhat fixed with 22+ models. I drove a brand new ‘23 before I got my car. I didn’t really notice anything jerky with it, but then again I was more focused on all the options it had

Tank.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'18 F150, '22 Bronco 2dr, '23 Mustang
That’s odd, I thought the harshness was somewhat fixed with 22+ models. I drove a brand new ‘23 before I got my car. I didn’t really notice anything jerky with it, but then again I was more focused on all the options it had
I think in my case, some one went on a test drive and dogged the crap out of it when the trans was trying to "learn". I looked at the g meter prior to driving it and someone took a right hander at 1.59 Gs, that's not slow.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Ended up turning the adaptive back on and it's back to driving like shit lol. I did talk to Anthony Ballard at signature speed in NC and he can probably rebuild these things blindfolded.

He said he's never heard of a trans blowing due to turning it off and didn't seem to think it had anything to do with WOT line pressures.

That trans that blew after turning it off may have simply been coincidence 😕 I don't know though.

Ford dealer can't get my car in for a rebuild until mid October and I'm pretty pissed about that. Now my wife says I have to move the ess kit out of the kitchen if I'm gonna be waiting that long 😂

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Ended up turning the adaptive back on and it's back to driving like shit lol. I did talk to Anthony Ballard at signature speed in NC and he can probably rebuild these things blindfolded.

He said he's never heard of a trans blowing due to turning it off and didn't seem to think it had anything to do with WOT line pressures.

That trans that blew after turning it off may have simply been coincidence 😕 I don't know though.

Ford dealer can't get my car in for a rebuild until mid October and I'm pretty pissed about that. Now my wife says I have to move the ess kit out of the kitchen if I'm gonna be waiting that long 😂
I’ve had my turned back on for close to a week now. Car definitely is smoother overall with normal driving but less aggressive in sport+
Sponsored