Sponsored

ForScan Addressing

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I been following the struggle to get a handle on the memory address and changing of values from as-built to change the system setup.

So has anybody figured out which modules are in what address ranges? I saw that guy from OEM Radio has figured out how to include programming modules with the upgrades he sells. Or he'll tell you the address's to change with a Forscan.

People are searching for values by comparing as-builts for various car Vin's.

Can't we hack a Ford dealer scan tool to find all the address's and parameters that are changeable and when they have to be changed in multiple different modules.

Or has anybody began to map what address go to which modules and the whether modules control on one bus but are program by monitoring another bus?????

Or maybe a link to someplace that explains some of this stuff.

:shrug::doh::confused:
Sponsored

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
l read that thread it helped. somebody mentioned IDS. Still confused error codes and memory location.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I been following the struggle to get a handle on the memory address and changing of values from as-built to change the system setup.

So has anybody figured out which modules are in what address ranges? I saw that guy from OEM Radio has figured out how to include programming modules with the upgrades he sells. Or he'll tell you the address's to change with a Forscan.

People are searching for values by comparing as-builts for various car Vin's.

Can't we hack a Ford dealer scan tool to find all the address's and parameters that are changeable and when they have to be changed in multiple different modules.

Or has anybody began to map what address go to which modules and the whether modules control on one bus but are program by monitoring another bus?????

Or maybe a link to someplace that explains some of this stuff.

:shrug::doh::confused:
I get what your asking for [MENTION=28002]cking[/MENTION]. You want a complete listing of module addressess and their functions. Along the lines of the spreadsheet [MENTION=18007]mattlqx[/MENTION] developed and posted in the first post on the Forscan thread...

Unfortunately, imo, alot of this detective work was trial and error. Folks dug into other forums and extrpolated known values and tried them out in the GT350. Like you mentioned above, some of us were trying to do that with the Base/Tech diff pump. (A work in progress!).

I second your call for a more extensive reference list :cheers:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
The modules are known. But you're just reading configuration bytes from each one. Without knowing explicitly what what feature maps to what bits or bytes, you're just guessing and comparing known feature differences between two different cars. People with access to IDS, could probably do a better job than us average laypeople simply comparing asbuilts. But I am not one of those people.
Sponsored