zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
The castings are the same. It's the internals that are different. Though the tech is also missing some additional routing they do for the bolt hole and fittings.
interesting... so it there a plug in the hole? or is it not drilled at all? that looks like a picture of the pickup at the front of the case?

Is the return line casting there too?
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
interesting... so it there a plug in the hole? or is it not drilled at all? that looks like a picture of the pickup at the front of the case?

Is the return line casting there too?
There's probably either a plastic plug in there or it's just open into the bell housing.

Looking at Voodooo's photo, the return line looks like it goes to the top of the other side (rear) of the trans. I think you're looking at the bell housing cover bolt? I can't really see where the return line would go with the car on the ground.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
There's probably either a plastic plug in there or it's just open into the bell housing.

Looking at Voodooo's photo, the return line looks like it goes to the top of the other side (rear) of the trans. I think you're looking at the bell housing cover bolt? I can't really see where the return line would go with the car on the ground.
i misworded my statement. i was wondering if you could see the return boss, but it sounds like you can't with the car on the ground.

Much clearer to me as to why Ford says it is such a pain in the ass to engineer an after the fact cooler.

The race shops that I asked for a quote for a cooler may not understand fully what is involved... That sucks.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
These might help... I took these pics last Friday after I changed my oil. You can clearly see the transmission cooler feed lines. When I was looking at it, I even thought of insulating the lines since the catalytic converter is adjacent to it.

25302173301_bf1d723668_c.jpg

24764590704_d0f6971554_c.jpg

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
i misworded my statement. i was wondering if you could see the return boss, but it sounds like you can't with the car on the ground.

Much clearer to me as to why Ford says it is such a pain in the ass to engineer an after the fact cooler.

The race shops that I asked for a quote for a cooler may not understand fully what is involved... That sucks.
Look here for pics of the return boss and other details:

http://www.fastfordmuscle.com/index.php/topic/3168-a-look-inside-the-shelby-gt350’s-tremec/

Sponsored

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
See the pictures show the front pump part of the casting on the track pack trans and the fors parts diagram shows it on both the track and tech transmissions, but your picture shows realistically no plug externally. I'm assuming that it must be plugged way farther down in the trans, which constitutes an issue for using the internal plumbing. Bah!. I wish I could take apart a tech package trans that wasn't attached to my car.

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
The problem with an add-on cooler is some sort of port near the front of the transmission. The filler port and drain port are too close to one another at the rear of the housing to be really effective. The fluid would largely just recirculate at the back of the transmission.

The drain plug looks pretty viable for one port as it is not exposed to being hit by foreign objects.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Can the holes be drilled?

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package, ETA 10 March (Bremerhaven, Germany), under MSRP

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I even thought of insulating the lines since the catalytic converter is adjacent to it.
That certainly seems wise looking at that pic.
Sponsored