Formula 1 talk.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Interesting take. I get it. All I have to do is become is become a fanboy of specific drivers and ignore their faults. Then I can stop being pedantic, huh?

This is I like the sport of F1 more than any particular driver. I want to see fair competition among the cars of the teams. I do not often have a favored driver over the decades. For sure not among the top winning drivers of the last several years.
Same for Pro football. I live too far away from the nearest team home fields to have a local favorite team. I used to watch pro football because i like the game and like to see talented players. (Stopped watching NFL a few years ago when they disrespected the flag ceremony) College football talent is not as concentrated but has become what i watch.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hello; Interesting take. I get it. All I have to do is become is become a fanboy of specific drivers and ignore their faults. Then I can stop being pedantic, huh?

This is I like the sport of F1 more than any particular driver. I want to see fair competition among the cars of the teams. I do not often have a favored driver over the decades. For sure not among the top winning drivers of the last several years.
Same for Pro football. I live too far away from the nearest team home fields to have a local favorite team. I used to watch pro football because i like the game and like to see talented players. (Stopped watching NFL a few years ago when they disrespected the flag ceremony) College football talent is not as concentrated but has become what i watch.
Honestly I don’t think anyone cares if you like or dislike Lewis, or Max or anyone else. For the most part we have decent conversations with other members that dislike Lewis, or Max or other drivers. I think it’s the way you single out things that are soooo far off, like the last incident with Lewis and Max, (in case you forgot Max and Ocon had almost a mirror image of the accident a couple years ago at the exact same corner, and Ocon got the penalty Max did the exact same thing Lewis did).

1 new house keeps me from seeing the Raiders stadium here in Vegas, but my team is and always will be the Redskins (don’t care that they changed to the Commanders lol) but like you I also kinda stopped watching during the protests, I was already going that way and every time I watch highlights now it reminds me why I stopped, the “thug” mentality they have now. I watched a horrible hit on a player not long ago, dude was out all stiffened up and everything and the guy who did it was clowning him. Fuck that and the league. Collage is where it’s at for me for the last 15 years or so, they still play with heart.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Honestly I don’t think anyone cares if you like or dislike Lewis, or Max or anyone else. For the most part we have decent conversations with other members that dislike Lewis, or Max or other drivers. I think it’s the way you single out things that are soooo far off, like the last incident with Lewis and Max, (in case you forgot Max and Ocon had almost a mirror image of the accident a couple years ago at the exact same corner, and Ocon got the penalty Max did the exact same thing Lewis did).
Hello; I tend to point out that I dislike Lewis's behavior for reasons having to do with his actions. Not because I am a fan boy for Max. I do not like what Max has done at times. Thing is some have accused me of posting against Lweis behavior only because you believe I like Max. If that line of messaging is stopped i will have no reason to correct and make clear my stance.

As for having a discussion with me. I am civil in my written responses. I do not resort to name calling or put downs. Seems to me if my comments are so far off, such would not touch a nerve as they seem to.

I watch football and see bad calls often. I do not know why during one race the same action gets a different penalty than in another race. In football that there are different crews of officials in different games. I think the stewards are different in the races. The rules need to be worked out so as to be consistent. However, I have noted the Lewis fanboys who post here do not get upset when he does something others are punished for and he skates. Go figure.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Binotto resigns as Ferrari team principal

Not sure how I feel on this...kinda feel like he needed one more year....but Ferrari expects champions.
I also believe he needed at least 1 more year, the goal was to win races by 2022 and he met that, i think there needs to be some restructure in their strategy dept for sure lol,

I see many say he was sacked, others believe resigned... I think he resigned, I think he was tired of it all. Need huge shoulders to hold the weight of Ferrari F1.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That …. Schneider destroyed that franchise. I grew up loving the Skins. Theisman, Riggins, the Hoggs, Gibbs. Really miss that. I haven’t watched any of it since the bs started years ago. Lol football in an F1 thread.

1 new house keeps me from seeing the Raiders stadium here in Vegas, but my team is and always will be the Redskins (don’t care that they changed to the Commanders lol) but like you I also kinda stopped watching during the protests, I was already going that way and every time I watch highlights now it reminds me why I stopped, the “thug” mentality they have now. I watched a horrible hit on a player not long ago, dude was out all stiffened up and everything and the guy who did it was clowning him. Fuck that and the league. Collage is where it’s at for me for the last 15 years or so, they still play with heart.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I don’t understand it at all. Why would anybody want that job. Binotti got the last guy sacked that had them going in the right direction. And now he’s being run out the door. My big question is regardless of who has been in charge the race strategy has been a …. show. Think they’ll go backwards next year for the first part of the season now for sure. Ferarri has had zero stability as a team for a very very long time which is not good.

Binotto resigns as Ferrari team principal

Not sure how I feel on this...kinda feel like he needed one more year....but Ferrari expects champions.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I also believe he needed at least 1 more year, the goal was to win races by 2022 and he met that, i think there needs to be some restructure in their strategy dept for sure lol,

I see many say he was sacked, others believe resigned... I think he resigned, I think he was tired of it all. Need huge shoulders to hold the weight of Ferrari F1.
Hello; The new coach turnaround at UT is rapid. They do not get to stay long if they do not win. Seen it too many times.
I do not know the details of Ferrari lately. Had a quick car but interesting race strategies to say the least as you say.
The guy who just left may not have been the issue. But he was in charge. At least he should have been in charge. If some Ferrari big wig was sticking a finger into things from the background, he may have been boxed into a bad situation???

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
That …. Schneider destroyed that franchise. I grew up loving the Skins. Theisman, Riggins, the Hoggs, Gibbs. Really miss that. I haven’t watched any of it since the bs started years ago. Lol football in an F1 thread.
Hello; F1 and football are team sports I guess is the connection. I also miss football the way it was in years past.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I couldn’t agree more, I’ve been a Skins fan since I was 8 so 1986, my dad was a Cowboys fan so I stuck with the “Indians” as a Cowboys and Indians thing and since then was just a Redskins fan. Art Monk, Mark Rypien, Gary Clark, we’re during my time and who I was huge fans of, but of course like you said Theisman and Riggins are legends.

lol when we find common ground of old school football in a F1 chat hahaha

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hello; F1 and football are team sports I guess is the connection. I also miss football the way it was in years past.
I don’t watch games, but I’ll click on the highlights on YT here and there. Same with Baseball never was a baseball fan, but I do enjoy watching highlights. I don’t have anything to do with NBA and haven’t for decades, I was a Larry Bird and of course MJ fan. But basketball isn’t the same at all. I miss 80’s and 90’s ball

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
F2 driver Amaury Cordeel was tried and convicted of street driving 130 KM/H over the limit. Can't believe his defense was rejected:

He has denied he was the one behind the wheel, telling the court: “I couldn’t possibly have driven, because I didn’t have a driver’s licence at all at the time.”
I wonder if he is related to an employee I knew who claimed his bad performance was due to his supervisor refusing to give him direction. His proof? An audio recording of him asking questions each followed by dead air.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
There are very few drivers that have great success without a ruthless streak. The difference is some of them can control it and know when to back off and then win. Some just don't. I think Hamilton, Prost, Button knew when they had reached that point, others such as Verstappen, Rosberg, Senna didn't have that 'threshold' switch.

Verstappen at Brazil said he wasn't going to back off which will lead to an accident. The championship was over at that point anyway but why do that? Clearly backing off when you have lost a corner means you are there to overtake on the next lap and still win the race rather than be in the bazzers! Why deliberately put yourself in a willy waving contest you know you will lose to prove a point?

As the saying goes, you can't win a race at the first corner but you can certainly lose it!
Sponsored