Formula 1 talk.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
There are very few drivers that have great success without a ruthless streak. The difference is some of them can control it and know when to back off and then win. Some just don't. I think Hamilton, Prost, Button knew when they had reached that point, others such as Verstappen, Rosberg, Senna didn't have that 'threshold' switch.

Verstappen at Brazil said he wasn't going to back off which will lead to an accident. The championship was over at that point anyway but why do that? Clearly backing off when you have lost a corner means you are there to overtake on the next lap and still win the race rather than be in the bazzers! Why deliberately put yourself in a willy waving contest you know you will lose to prove a point?

As the saying goes, you can't win a race at the first corner but you can certainly lose it!
Hello; Got to love it. Does not the same apply to the other driver as well when both are going for the same real estate of a corner? Neither backed off. Both were guilty of the same thing.

That Hamilton has a threshold switch was good for a chuckle. Thanks for that.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
You mean like Silverstone. Hamilton is noo different. He just gets a pass with his …… But let’s be honest. They all have it to some degree.

There are very few drivers that have great success without a ruthless streak. The difference is some of them can control it and know when to back off and then win. Some just don't. I think Hamilton, Prost, Button knew when they had reached that point, others such as Verstappen, Rosberg, Senna didn't have that 'threshold' switch.

Verstappen at Brazil said he wasn't going to back off which will lead to an accident. The championship was over at that point anyway but why do that? Clearly backing off when you have lost a corner means you are there to overtake on the next lap and still win the race rather than be in the bazzers! Why deliberately put yourself in a willy waving contest you know you will lose to prove a point?

As the saying goes, you can't win a race at the first corner but you can certainly lose it!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
From two wheeled Formula 1:
Jorge Lorenzo said:
In 2015 I organised myself a very big motorhome. Inside I had a hot tub upstairs and then, in the suite, a cryosauna. When I finished training, I would go there in the cold at -180ÂşC. In 2015 I won with the cryosauna. I did it secretly, so that no one would know the secret.
-180ÂşC is almost -300ÂşF. Do Formula 1 drivers use even lower temps for a competitive advantage?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I agree. It’ll be interesting. For the record I think we’ll see the manufacturers pull back big time on the ev’s not so far down the road.

This is really cool but I wonder about the old adage, "race on Sunday, sell on Monday" adage. Cadillac will race an ICE engine but will no longer be putting them in their street cars.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I get your point. Have not read the links so this is a guess meant to be based in humor. Perhaps Hamiltion merely has a few hundred millions and not billions so he is not at the greedy while others starve level yet???

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
F-ck the press They love going after celebrities. It should be not shock that rich people buy a lot of expensive things. Except maybe for Warren Buffett.

That said how about we present the other side of the story?

https://wtf1.com/post/lewis-hamilto...ete-in-the-world-on-sunday-times-giving-list/

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lmao. Complete bs. I have no problem with anybody doing what they want with what they earn. It’s the hypocrisy. Hamilton is a hypocrite, always has been. And true charity seeks no audience or recognition.

F-ck the press They love going after celebrities. It should be not shock that rich people buy a lot of expensive things. Except maybe for Warren Buffett.

That said how about we present the other side of the story?

https://wtf1.com/post/lewis-hamilto...ete-in-the-world-on-sunday-times-giving-list/

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Lmao. Complete bs. I have no problem with anybody doing what they want with what they earn. It’s the hypocrisy. Hamilton is a hypocrite, always has been. And true charity seeks no audience or recognition.
Charlie, go have a Snickers bar. Lewis, like many celebrities, does a lot of things that he tries to keep under the radar. It’s others that report it.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Ohhh… I love Snickers, but I prefer KitKat and Payday.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
That’s even more comical. What’s next, he’s kin to mother teresa.

Charlie, go have a Snickers bar. Lewis, like many celebrities, does a lot of things that he tries to keep under the radar. It’s others that report it.
Ohhh… I love Snickers, but I prefer KitKat and Payday.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sorry, but anyone making many hundreds of millions and publicly shaming billionaires, is tone deaf. Virtue signaling plain and simple without even realizing that the hungry would resent him as much as any billionaire for their hunger. And not many would think about it at all.

We can't expect common sense from anyone, so I don't fault him for thinking it, But there is no way that people in his circle don't know how stupid such remarks are. So, he either ignores them or they are afraid to speak their minds,
Sponsored