HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don’t think he’s past his prime perse, maybe some of the hunger is gone but that’s understandable. He’s one of the best without a doubt. I’d be surprised if he’s in the car next year honestly. I really can’t blame him if he goes that route unless the performance of the car comes up.
By past his prime, I only mean he is not at his peak and will decline further over time.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
By past his prime, I only mean he is not at his peak and will decline further over time.
Honestly I’m not sure he is. Maybe he’s lost a half step or so. This would happen to any driver who has been around as long as Lewis. But he is in fantastic physical condition and so long as his head is in it he will be a formidable foe. Remember he is only 37 yo.

What has happened is a crop of incredible new talent. Max, George, Charles, and Lando. These kids can make anyone look like they’ve lost a step. That’s why Seb is bowing out and Fernando will be next.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Lewis IMO isn't that good of a driver. There's other 'factors' involved here pertaining to his 'success'.
Literally the most ignorant statement of this thread. Like him or don't like him but he is one of the very best of all time. Going all the way back to his karting days. His list of accomplishments are something every driver would kill for.

Max is also in that category just many years younger.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Literally the most ignorant statement of this thread.
K.. one day for shits-n-giggles look into the newly adopted policies of F1 over the last few years, then get back.

Hamilton didn't get the black & orange flag & his front wing was flapping up & down as well as dragging & sparking. Yet, he did 2 full laps plus a bit more...nothing. Magnusen was flagged on the very next lap. Earlier in the season he was flagged for the same yet, the following race, I believe it was Hamilton again who drove the rest of the race with a bent endplate. Then again, Hamilton doesn't have to remove his jewelry either!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The Hamilton fanboys have a blind eye for what he gets away with. It’s the whole rules for thee not for me.

K.. one day for shits-n-giggles look into the newly adopted policies of F1 over the last few years, then get back.

Hamilton didn't get the black & orange flag & his front wing was flapping up & down as well as dragging & sparking. Yet, he did 2 full laps plus a bit more...nothing. Magnusen was flagged on the very next lap. Earlier in the season he was flagged for the same yet, the following race, I believe it was Hamilton again who drove the rest of the race with a bent endplate. Then again, Hamilton doesn't have to remove his jewelry either!

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The Hamilton fanboys have a blind eye for what he gets away with. It’s the whole rules for thee not for me.
These allegations might hold more water except for the fact the same people you complain about here totally screwed him out of last year's championship....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
As the #1 driver in F1 for most of the past 16 years he does get his share of calls going his way. No different than any other sport. It is what it is. But he also gets call against him.

But as far as him being just a so so driver the numbers say that comment is pure BS.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/which-f1-records-does-lewis-hamilton-have/6548878/

You can dislike him, you can hate him, but you cannot deny him. That is not up for debate.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. However theres no sense in trying to reason with said fanboys .

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Exactly. However theres no sense in trying to reason with said fanboys .
You do know the exact same criticism was lodged against Michael, Seb, and Fernando during their championships reigns. It will be the same with Max. It comes with territory of being a champion. It is also totally normal for fans to side with their drivers even when we know they were 100% wrong.

By the way why no mention of Ferrari? Nobody wields more power within F1 and it has been that way for more than 50 years. Why? Because they haven’t won anything in recent memory. No one cares about losers.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Sorry, but that’s actually called a lack of integrity. You can still support someone and say that’s not ok. Your not wrong about Ferarri. There back room shenanigans are legendary. Ferarri at this point should be the same as every other team.

You do know the exact same criticism was lodged against Michael, Seb, and Fernando during their championships reigns. It will be the same with Max. It comes with territory of being a champion. It is also totally normal for fans to side with their drivers even when we know they were 100% wrong.

By the way why no mention of Ferrari? Nobody wields more power within F1 and it has been that way for more than 50 years. Why? Because they haven’t won anything in recent memory. No one cares about losers.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, but that’s actually called a lack of integrity. You can still support someone and say that’s not ok.
Maybe, but I agree with you. When Lewis made that dumb ass move at Spa I immediately put the blame on him. He’s human and sometimes does stupid things. But it’s on the stewards to call it. Like it or not champions sometimes get the benefit of the doubt.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Just watch the 2001 Spanish Grand Prix. Hamilton isn't even in the same league as Schumacher. Never will be.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just watch the 2001 Spanish Grand Prix. Hamilton isn't even in the same league as Schumacher. Never will be.
As they both have the same number of championships they are indeed in the same league. You can like one better than another personally however.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
As they both have the same number of championships they are indeed in the same league.
Agree to disagree on this one.
Sponsored