Formula 1 talk.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Considering what they've given him to compete with he should have kept his mouth shut and just shrugged it off. The amount of stuff these teams deal with to put a driver in a car at that level is unreal. He comes off a little entitled, not good.
Unfortunately this is the Max of old. He has certainly matured over the past few years but a tiger cannot change its stripes. He expects perfection and this is what happens when he doesn't get it.

So did they miss calculate the amount of fuel in Max's car, which seems unlikely, or did they do it on purpose to get a better qualifying time? Another Red Bull conspiracy! :cwl: :crackup:
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m with you I want racing, not days of our lives. Redbull is on a different level this year then the others, not surprised at all there’s a bunch of bxtching going on behind the scene’s.

Well it does add a little spice to a season that for all intents and purposes is done (for championships anyway). Toto has also said that other team principles are aware of ongoing investigations into Red Bull. I guess we will have to wait and see. Honestly after last year I hope that it's not true and we can just get back to racing.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Perfection doesn’t exist. Some one should inform him of that, we all are aware of it. Lol

Unfortunately this is the Max of old. He has certainly matured over the past few years but a tiger cannot change its stripes. He expects perfection and this is what happens when he doesn't get it.

So did they miss calculate the amount of fuel in Max's car, which seems unlikely, or did they do it on purpose to get a better qualifying time? Another Red Bull conspiracy! :cwl: :crackup:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I’m with you I want racing, not days of our lives. Redbull is on a different level this year then the others, not surprised at all there’s a bunch of bxtching going on behind the scene’s.
Hello; I miss Dale Earnhart Sr. He was not a whiner nor a tantrum thrower. You state it best. I also want racing, not days of our lives. Too many prima donnas in F1.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Had another thought. There is a movie/Tv show/mini series or some such called "Blonde". I have not seen it so have no idea what it is about. Thing is it is getting a lot of "ink" the last few days over some sort of controversy. Nothing new in that has been a practice in Hollywood for decades. No such thing as bad press sort of idea.

Could it be the F1 brass are happy about all the media strife. They may be thinking folks will tune in to see what it is all about. Maybe like the hype ads for wrestling?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Yaa, I’m not one for a bunch of noise means anything. It’s going to get louder as Redbull keeps winning. Marko is completely right about the FIA leaking things. If I was Redbull I’d crawl up the FIA’s arse in the off season. Basically go both barrels. The FIA is a joke in my opinion.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
What the hell? I thought the race is supposed to start an hour from now, 9am my time, but my F1 app says it’s starts now, 8am. So I go live on F1 TV app and the start is delayed by an hour. Wtf is going on?

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hypothetical:
- I am an F1 driver, which means I've earned my way among the top 20 formula drivers in the world (even those who didn't totally earn it have to sustain it).
- I am close to winning a second consecutive world championship and have had a tough weekend of practice and qualifying.
- I am finally turning a qual lap that can put me in pole, but I decide to wave off, because there will be no traffic on the next lap, which increases my chances.
- This is my final chance--all or nothing, and it proves to be a good call. There is no traffic in front of me. I manage to go purple on the first two sectors and nail the corners that were giving me so much trouble all weekend.
- Now, I'm on the 3rd and final sector, and this is sure to be purple as well. Pole is mine!
- I'm 100% focused on braking point, turn-in, apex, exit...
- Out of nowhere, "box, box, box" booms over my radio!!!
All of the above is hypothetical. What is known fact is that my radio transmission response would have had far more expletives than Verstappen's did, especially on the weekend of my (very youthful) 25th birthday. Would I have calmed down by the time I reached the pit box? NO!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hypothetical:
- I am an F1 driver, which means I've earned my way among the top 20 formula drivers in the world (even those who didn't totally earn it have to sustain it).
- I am close to winning a second consecutive world championship and have had a tough weekend of practice and qualifying.
- I am finally turning a qual lap that can put me in pole, but I decide to wave off, because there will be no traffic on the next lap, which increases my chances.
- This is my final chance--all or nothing, and it proves to be a good call. There is no traffic in front of me. I manage to go purple on the first two sectors and nail the corners that were giving me so much trouble all weekend.
- Now, I'm on the 3rd and final sector, and this is sure to be purple as well. Pole is mine!
- I'm 100% focused on braking point, turn-in, apex, exit...
- Out of nowhere, "box, box, box" booms over my radio!!!
All of the above is hypothetical. What is known fact is that my radio transmission response would have had far more expletives than Verstappen's did, especially on the weekend of my (very youthful) 25th birthday. Would I have calmed down by the time I reached the pit box? NO!
Hypothetically, were those purple, purple sectors due to a “low fuel“ advantage? Why else would you throw away a pole position? Just sayin’!

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hypothetically, were those purple, purple sectors due to a “low fuel“ advantage? Why else would you throw away a pole position? Just sayin’!
He had purples on the previous lap before ditching as well, but it was too soon to know if Hamilton and others ahead of him would also outpace previous laps. By waiting, he would know for sure what time(s) he had to beat. So, the logic is reversed. If he knew there was a low fuel advantage, he would take the next to last lap and forego the "final" lap. In short, if there was a fuel issue, it does not appear that he was aware of it.