Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Forget F1.

Nascar now has to ban PAMming the left side of cars!

I’ve been watching motor sports for more than 50 years and have never seen a move like that before. Beyond ridiculous and absolutely thrilling. I’ll be rooting for him on Sunday!
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
F1 News: Entire Red Bull Team Boycotts Sky After Journalist Comments On Max Verstappen (msn.com)

Hello; The above link is right on with my experience with those broadcasters. I did not hear that particular bit as i record the races and skip thru the commentary up to the formation lap. However, i have heard similar comments from the commentators during races and practice sessions. So, it is not just the fellow cited in the link.

Guess it is OK for commentators to have favorites but do not need to hear all the gushing over Hamilton. My favored sports commentators do not show favoritism when calling a game or race.

The one exception, sort of, in in the JR. Moto America races where the commentators talk about Kala Yaakov. Even so they are not as overt as the F1 announcers have been.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
And on we go....

Steiner said:
Steiner also doubts that the 10 percent reduction in wind tunnel time is a penalty that "really works" to disadvantage Red Bull.

"Red Bull is good enough to compensate," he said. "They can just do something else.
https://www.grandprix.com/news/penalties-wont-throw-red-bull-off-course-says-marko.html

Steiner needs to play his cards closer to his vest. He just gave away his secret plan to gain on the field by eliminating MORE than 10 percent of his allowed aero testing and spend the money on something else. Now other teams will just do even less aero testing.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
If you haven’t, go to Cota. Beautiful facility. The street circuits really aren’t great for the fans. You can’t walk the whole circuit like you can at a dedicated track, but you may already be aware of that. I’ve been to quite a few F1 events and honestly WEC was much better if your a true fan of racing. The access is awesome. If you want a big event Motogp is hands down better then F1. I honestly don’t think I’ll ever go to another F1 race in person. Even Cota where a GA ticket use to let you watch from so many different places on the track has cut that back to add so many vip and stands its killed that access. I’m sure no one here is surprised about what is happening with price’s in Vegas. Liberty and the FIA are on the verge of irreparably hurting F1 to where it may not recover, much like Nascar did.

Well we wanted F1 in the United States. Now I have another race to watch on TV. :curse::angry:

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local...urce=email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=campaign

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
You guys are lucky. USA gets 3 races while Canada only has 1.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I really enjoyed the race in Montreal. Montreal was beautiful and the people were really nice to. I will say it was pretty interesting going in to a Vietnamese restaurant and them asking for our order in a French accent though. :idea:

You guys are lucky. USA gets 3 races while Canada only has 1.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP