Formula 1 talk.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It wasn’t 2 million dollars, it was in the mid 400k’s. The 2 million number was put out by the FIA(leaked) knowing full well it wasn’t accurate because it didn’t include a deduction Redbull was allowed. If the FIA had leaked the real number, mid 400k’s, they knew it would look as ridiculous as it is and was. None of this has anything to do with budget caps. It’s all about trying to slow down the team that is dominating currently.

2.2 million dollars for catering? My God, what do those guys eat? You could feed caviar to an entire small country for one year and still not get even close to that amount. Especially if we consider that this is not the actual catering budget, it's just the bit that went over the budget. How big must the actual catering budget have been in the first place, if just a tiny involuntary excess amounts to 2.2 million?
Yeah, right, it was catering... Give me a break... 🙄
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Ferarri is always pissed when there not winning, and half the time when they are. As for last year, it’s amazing how all the calls Masi made in Merc’s favor(Hamilton punting Verstappen at Silverstone for one) are completely ignored because they(Merc) didn’t get the only call at the end of the year that didn’t go there way. It’s nice to see the crying is still going on now two championships later though, even though every one has supposedly moved on. Atleast you are all consistent. :clock:

So last year was a Red Bull plant, this year it’s Mercedes. Man Ferrari must really be pissed.

Weather756

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Glad this is settled and we can get back to racing. Hope Checo does well in his home race.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Ferarri is always pissed when there not winning, and half the time when they are. As for last year, it’s amazing how all the calls Masi made in Merc’s favor(Hamilton punting Verstappen at Silverstone for one) are completely ignored because they(Merc) didn’t get the only call at the end of the year that didn’t go there way. It’s nice to see the crying is still going on now two championships later though, even though every one has supposedly moved on. Atleast you are all consistent. :clock:
Hello; You have made this point several times as have I. This does not get responses and as you say only the call that went against their favored driver is important.

I do hope the drama is over. RB is to pay a strong penalty with the added aero testing restrictions for a $400,000 spend on feeding a large crew. Saw a comment that RB will lose some aero time for being champion and will lose an added 10% for this punishment.

Seems possible to me that the actual auto companies gain knowledge when wind tunnel testing for their road cars. May not be specific to a race car but knowledge is knowledge. Just wondering how that works.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
That’s one thing that is really cool about facebook. There’s no doubt some cool people with the various groups like you mention that it makes it easy for like minded people to get together. I just wish all the other drama wasn’t part of it.

You're a smart man. I only use Facebook for my Mustang clubs.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Side bets anyone on some team(s)/fans claiming the punishment is actually a plus for RB because they will now have all the money they would have spent on more aero testing to spend on other things?
Bwahahaha.
Ferrari" said:
Red Bull’s penalty for breaching the 2021 Financial Regulations is low because it is free to spend its money in other areas to compensate for its aerodynamic restrictions.
https://racer.com/2022/10/29/red-bu...money-can-be-spent-elsewhere-ferraris-mekies/

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; You may find this of interest. I did anyway. Made me recall the above post. I will post a link about how Lewis and Max cut the same corner in the same race and only Max was punished with a five second penalty. A penalty which took him off a podium.

Lewis Hamilton escaped Mexican GP penalty but Max Verstappen was punished for same offence (msn.com)
Sponsored