Formula 1 talk.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I guess it will never happen but i see no point in the Monaco GP from the point of view as a race. Except for dumb moves which cause wrecks they tend to finish where they qualified. How much conversation during the race was about tire management?

Not sure if i could afford a ticket plus room rent & eats, but even if I was wealthy this is one race i would skip.

Maybe have an event of some sort related to F1. Maybe have some classic F1 cars being raced. Sort of like Goodwood. Would perhaps be more fun to watch a modern F1 driver drive the same type car as Sena did. You know one with a manual trans and few if any gadgets to push. It is in some ways a party for the rich and famous, all they need is an excuse to be there.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Nascar is headed for some serious problems with the teams. They haven’t figured out no teams, no Nascar. Haas won’t be the last. Think Steward was a big driving force to. They can cash out so to speak. I don’t think Haas was ever that committed to F1. Saw it as a major promotional tool and could make money off the team. The wheels are falling off the team with Steiner gone.

I think the chances of Andretti buying HAAS just stepped up. Gene I think is really tired of these money pits, he isn't investing like he should. Selling his NASCAR team and I wouldn't be surprised if he sells the F1 team

Stewart-Haas Racing to close operation at end of 2024 season | Official Site Of NASCAR

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Some new articles on the 2026 regulation changes.

The highlights:

- A less complicated ICE (no MGU-H), with more complicated aero (now active)
- Reductions in the amount of overall downforce and drag
- No DRS. To be replaced by a battery-powered "Manual Override Mode"
- Engine will supply 50% of overall power, the battery giving the other 50%
- Smaller cars (10 cm, 4 " narrower). Less weight (30 lb, 60 kg)

From many of the driver comments in the articles below, no one seems to be jumping up and down for joy. It reads from cautious optimism-to-concern-to-pessimism.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...aimed-to-create-better-racing-under-new-rules

^ This article also highlights which engine manufacturers are building and providing to which team/s.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...cars-as-drivers-express-fear-over-slow-speeds

Don't mind the title of the above. While LH makes comments, so do Albon and Alonso.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/articles/cgeeqr817xxo

The ^ BBC article provides some additional detail and reader comments.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I enjoyed what Russell did after the team warned them to race clean. He did just what Lewis has done so many times. Went ahead and passed his teammate. Did it well also.

I also wonder what might Lewis be thinking when both cars of his future team drop out???

But a decent race. Max won but it was not assured as in the past. Of course we now must wait for the Stewards to act and affect the outcomes.
Sponsored