SirLoinofBeef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi all,

I need some advice and any input is greatly appreciated.

I have a 19 GT 10R80 Transmission w/stock powertrain. I’m looking at going 800-900HP Forced Induction via VMP. Will run 93 octane. That’s great and all, but I’m looking at making all of that power hit the deck; reliably and safely

I’ve seen some great builds with similar setups but not much detail.
Here’s my goal: Light track use, daily drivability is a plus.

what do I need to do to do it right?

Forged Internals - What and who makes?
Oil Pump gears
Cooling - Core Liquids / Oil cooler
Sleeves necessary?

I’m in Texas, who would you trust to do the work and the custom tuning? I’ve seen good things out of 210 Performance in San Antonio, TX.
Any advice? Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
SirLoinofBeef

SirLoinofBeef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
800-900 rwhp or flywheel? Married to 93 octane?
Flywheel // 93 is a good bet, I know e85 overall is good also, though I do like taking long distance drives and availability could be an issue.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
8-900 flywheel is 720-810 rwhp. That’s pretty tough on 93, maybe not even possible using the vmp blower and stock compression. The fuel must be conclusive selected before designing a combination. E85 vs gasoline changes the requirements of the build to achieve the power goal reliably. You wouldn’t build a gasoline engine the same as a diesel either...

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
These days with proper tuning I do think you can safely see those numbers safely on pump gas and with the stock internals. I would recommend contacting a vendor here or a shop that will do the work and see what they recommend.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Might be a good idea to plan for E85. That's pushing it on 93 octane on an engine with that high of compression unless you intend on lowering it when its built.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
...That's pushing it on 93 octane on an engine with that high of compression unless you intend on lowering it when its built.
Rather than pushing it, it may just be impossible on 93. You can try more spark but then knock retard pulls it back out. You can try more boost but the same thing happens. It’s just knock limited at 12/1. Usually if you find someone claiming over 700 on pump gas on a gen3 they’re using octane booster or a more efficient turbo setup. There are a couple of workarounds like upgrading the gdi pump or adding an interchiller that incrementally improve the situation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SirLoinofBeef

SirLoinofBeef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So let’s tack down the power gains to 700hp, would I need the Internals improved on from stock at that point running a VMP Odin?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So let’s tack down the power gains to 700hp, would I need the Internals improved on from stock at that point running a VMP Odin?
No, that's more reasonable with a BAP on a Gen3. My goal is the 650-700 whp range with my single turbo on 93 octane to start. I'll be running a fuel system though since I'm on gen 2. Capable of moving the power up and switching to E85 if I want to later but can also handle a boost spike if it were to happen. It's already going to be laughable trying to keep 650 whp on the ground. I can't imagine what 800 whp would be like.

Sponsored

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
750whp on 93 is obtainable with a stock motor. Built motor -> more problems. If it blows, replace it.

Speaking from experience here... don't do it unless you want 1k+ consistently.. which you're not doing on 93 unless you want to tack on meth

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
700 flywheel is about 630 rwhp, which is very reasonable and reliable on 93 and stock long block. With that combo, I would be most concerned with the safety of the tune. Two tunes can make the same power but one be dangerous and the other safe.

OP
OP
SirLoinofBeef

SirLoinofBeef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
At what point would cooling become an important factor, oil cooler can help, likewise a larger radiator, worth the spend or am I over engineering for reliability in my mind for a 700HP setup?

OP
OP
SirLoinofBeef

SirLoinofBeef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not necessary outside of circuit racing and at that point, if it was a consistent track racecar, I wouldn't go boosted
Supercharger, Oil Pump gear, anything else on the power train to make things happen safely without having to revisit it at a later point?
Sponsored