OP
OP
CaptainSensible

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Just a small update, had a call back from the Finance Manager, who acknowledged the issue and said it needs to be dealt with my the dealership manager, but he's not in today. So I've been told to expect a call from him in the morning.

Regarding the exhaust, it's an axle back, so not a straightforward to swap back to stock, although I do still have the stock mufflers.

You can't hand it back because you'd have to explain to the little one who helped you unveil it! :(
Yes, she would be heartbroken as she loves Daddy's 'new car'. I really don't want to hand the car back, as delighted with it in every other regard. :frusty:
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Pretty sure a stock GT exhaust could be sourced from somewhere close.

OP
OP
CaptainSensible

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small update, just had a call form the dealer and they are seeing if the registration date can be amended with the DVLA. That would be my ideal scenario, fingers crossed.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Fingers crossed.

Bloody government messing with the VED every couple of years. It's a bleedin' mess.

Stick a couple of pence on a litre of petrol still seems the fairest and simplest way to me, then what do I know.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Fingers crossed.

Bloody government messing with the VED every couple of years. It's a bleedin' mess.

Stick a couple of pence on a litre of petrol still seems the fairest and simplest way to me, then what do I know.

probably more than the idiots that have ran the country for the last 40 years

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Small update, just had a call form the dealer and they are seeing if the registration date can be amended with the DVLA. That would be my ideal scenario, fingers crossed.
Snow balls chance in hell. It's the dvla we are talking about!

My dealer registered my car to my previous address ( at time of deposit) despite emails specifically calling out the address change. I requested the dealer call the dvla and sort it out. No joy so I called the dvla and spoke to them myself. . Dvla confirmed they could not talk to the dealer once registered full stop. I had to pay the fee to fix their problem or locate the v5 from the old address.

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
After thinking about your predicament, i think free V.E.D for life/duration you own the car would be a fair recompense! Also if there is any resale fluctuation coz of the higher tax bracket that should be covered too.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I already know the answer to that....

[ame]

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
From what I remember from the days when I was in the motortrade, it was possible to De register a car with the dvla in exceptional circumstances. Never had to do it though. Good luck

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
CaptainSensible

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"The DVLA must receive the full application for de-registration within 7 working days of the registration date."
Yes, and it says "there is no dealer error", which in this case there clearly is!

So I'm not getting my hopes up! Thanks anyway though,

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, and it says "there is no dealer error", which in this case there clearly is!

So I'm not getting my hopes up! Thanks anyway though,
Worth a try :/! Looks like it maybe a new car, or demand they pay VED difference (for duration of ownership) + reimburst your money as a minimum

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Worth a try :/! Looks like it maybe a new car, or demand they pay VED difference (for duration of ownership) + reimburst your money as a minimum
This still won't be good enough. A lot of people waited with resale in mind too.
Sponsored