Sponsored

Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace (kit)

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
The chassis on these cars are already pretty stiff. Its unlikely to feel any noticeable difference from the strut tower brace. I don't feel any.

Art_Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blue Mustang GT
I just received mu strut brace kit from Levittown Ford Super Center. Ford must have heard our complaints about packaging since mine was well padded. Hope to get it installed soon.
brace.jpg

Sponsored

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I got a refund from mine since it was damaged due to not being wrapped . Since they showed them out of stock with no ETA I was given a refund and placed an order with Latemodel Restoration and they checked that it was wrapped well and sent it right out I must say excellent customer service and I got it next day

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I installed mine tonight. Piece of cake and as others said - no need to remove wipers/nuts. Lost part of a battery cover clip in the engine bay deep. lol

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
No..

Does it really require removing the wipers and the cowl beneath them ?
You do not need to remove the wipers, you can lift up cowl enough to do this and then put the clips back in that you took out, so you can lift up on cowl... John

Also great pricing on this.....

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt
Installed my FP Brace today. As mentioned previously, no need to remove the wiper blades, however you will need to access a couple of boltsn with an open end wrench.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
People say this is simply for aesthetics. I disagree. There is much less slop in the front end over New England's crappy post winter roads.

Sponsored

lsaviator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium MT82
I just finished installing the RedLine hood struts and strut braces. No need to remove windshield wipers the cowl will lift enough to access bolts.

I slotted the battery cover (used tin snips) after drilling the hole. Now the battery cover can be removed completely while struts are left in place.

Biggest problem those damn squirley battery cover fasteners. I lost one down inside the fender and half of another went flying. Not a fun thing to handle with old hands and some arthritis!!

If someone would be so kind as to research the part number I am searching for replacements. Local Ford dealer was no help.
I had 2 fasteners pop up and drop down into the black hole. After I finished the install, I got out the electric leaf blower and blew some air down around the engine. Then found both fasteners underneath the car. You might try this before ordering replacements.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Question - does anybody remembers (or have a pic handy) where the plastic black half brace goes ? And does it really support anything ?

I need to remove my strut tower brace (for auto-x FS class compliance) so thought I put the plastic things back on (which also may actually be required to be fully compliant).

Did go from the left strut tower (fwd looking aft or standing in front of the car looking at the engine) to the bolt attachment points under the cowl where the wipers are ?
Sponsored