Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
The tune is awesome btw!! Even with only a handful of miles on the odo since doing it the torque in the 2000 rpm range was phenomenal, I charged up an on ramp like a beast, and even the dopey 6th gear on my non-pp manual trans was giving decent pull over 2000 rpm on the highway. I've been so used to short shifting since I bought the car so I'll have to report back on power through the band, especially once it learns the octane. But already there were plenty of moments I had a big smile on my face.
Sponsored

FalconRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EB
Thanks. What number is supposed to change? I noticed that the "PCM Software ID" is the only thing that changed...all different characters, but same format as yours. Midway through it was telling me to "turn off module" and the pdf instructions it downloaded didn't warn me of that. So I disconnected the procal and it aborted...I guess by "module" they just mean turn off ignition, because when I tried again and did that it worked. The instructions say you have to flash twice if it aborts but it didn't make me do that.
Also not sure where it backs up your original pcm file? The only .pc3 file it saved is the same name as software id the car is running now, assuming the performance tune.
The people at Ford Performance are extremely helpful. Did the same thing, we finally figured out the problem was my understanding of what "turn off module" meant. Per ford performance support the last step "turn off module" means turn the car off. you will then be prompted on screen to "turn the module on" aka turn the power back on to the car (not start the car) you will then get a success message on your computer screen.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
@justme97

Be sure to send the install receipt with VIN and mileage and the parts purchase receipt to [email protected] to register for the FPP warranty

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
Falconrr, did you have to flash twice after you figured out what "turn off module" meant? The manual says you will have to if you aborted but it didn't make me so I'm thinking best to just leave it be.
And lawrencecar, I'm gonna try but my receipt basically said I tried to have dealer install and they couldn't. Well see how flexible FP is!

Curt698

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Convertible Ecoboost AT 2013 Kawaski Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Can't wait to get feedback from some 10 speed guys on this. I'd love to do it but I still have to convince my wife that it is a good idea.

Sponsored

FalconRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EB
@justme97 , I did not flash it twice. After I flashed it and turned the power off and back on it said successful.

CAUTION: If your ProCal aborts programming due to low voltage or if the programming process is
interrupted for any reason, you can simply repeat the flash process, however, it may require 2
consecutive flash cycles to complete.

Ford Performance, perhaps you could change " *** TURN OFF MODULE POWER *** " to instead read " *** TURN IGNITION TO OFF POSITION *** "

My EcoBoost has adjusted from its learning mode and fells like its pulling harder. I had a lot of rain right after the tune and I think I have acclimated to the new power. I need to go drive a stock 17 to remind me of what it was like.

I am happy I decided to get this tune. The factory safety nets it retains give me peace of mind for long term ownership.

The factory tune with the 255's on the performance pack felt like just enough power vs traction. Now there is enough power to liven it up when rolling in first through third. Not having the big drop off at the top end is great. It's not the GT but it's a lot more fun to drive.

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
I'm going to install the performance pack 3, but I'd like to keep the stock tune in case I ever want to go back to the stock values. How can I do this, I know that with Lund tune ngauge I can do it, but I don't want to spend more money for now, maybe I can do it with Forscan ?
The Procal tool itself seems to do it too, can anyone clarify this a little doubt?

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Can't wait to get feedback from some 10 speed guys on this. I'd love to do it but I still have to convince my wife that it is a good idea.
Just got it done on my 2018 Ecoboost with the 10 speed. It was a ton of fun driving home. Normal feels more responsive but not a huge change. Sport is easily the most fun to drive in and feels like a more refined sport + pre tune. Sport + now takes off like a rocket.

A side benefit is it disables to the fake noises in the cabin.

Feel free to ask me anything and I will be happy to share.

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
I’ve seen mixed reports about the calibration disabling the fake symposer sounds. Is it selectable to disable?

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I’ve seen mixed reports about the calibration disabling the fake symposer sounds. Is it selectable to disable?
Not within the calibration load it is not. Some also disconnect the mic located in the headliner center of rear window.

Sponsored

sganow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB Kona Blue w/Black Accent Pkg, 2001 TB Bullitt
For those of you that have done the tune on an 18-19, does it fix how the car holds back when you first mash down on the throttle? I absolutely hate it when I mash the throttle and the car holds back and then slowly starts accelerating with the pedal all the way down. If I let up part way it actually accelerates better. I'm hoping to hear that with the tune the car actually responds well when you first mash the throttle and actually goes.

Reactions: Cxp

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
For those of you that have done the tune on an 18-19, does it fix how the car holds back when you first mash down on the throttle? I absolutely hate it when I mash the throttle and the car holds back and then slowly starts accelerating with the pedal all the way down. If I let up part way it actually accelerates better. I'm hoping to hear that with the tune the car actually responds well when you first mash the throttle and actually goes.
Do you have an automatic or a manual transmission?

sganow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB Kona Blue w/Black Accent Pkg, 2001 TB Bullitt
Sorry, I have the 10 speed automatic.

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
I will let you know soon over the next 2-3 weeks. I have the tune, just coordinating to get a dealer to install.

End of the month I am getting ATM intercooler and 1 step colder NGK 6510’s installed.

@sganow are you driving mostly in D or S?